Nexxtech 7” 16:9 LCD Portable DVD Player

My laptop does the same thing but the screen is much bigger!! Next woot!!

Computer Geeks has it for $79.99

ive run problems with many nexxtech products!
also laptop equals portbale dvd player!
and whens the dang woot off!??!!?

It may not be HD, but for the price a 7" screen with all the goodies does not sound bad.

Nite Nite Wooters

Too bad it doesn’t play Divx, and avi format. I guess phillips is better on those format…

I do not understand how manufacturers make these things without DiVX support! These would have been the perfect iPod killer if they had done so!!!

the battery doesent last long but visit your local batteries plus store for an external 4hr universal battery
or batteriesplus.com

Night all …

Yeah, they look reputable.

Also, note that shipping is $15 there

sounds like they are crap…

It’s only an ok unit. It’s good to put in my kids lap while waiting at the doctor’s office to watch some cartoon dvds. Decent picture, average sound. You can find better brand for similar price new though.

Hey, it’s something I already have! Gather round, kiddies!

I have this player and I love it. Uhh…that’s all, I guess. I only paid twenty bucks more new, though. The display quality is quite impressive, and searching/skipping around on the disc is very smooth and quick. The end?

nice Wootcast there…

About Nexxtech, I bought some cheap DVD recordables (like 5 bucks for 25) at Circuitcity and it’s prob’ly the worst quality in the world. Don’t know about this DVD player, but it’s cheap enough though.

plus $11 shipping

any ideas on a reasonable player that has DivX avi?
I have the Phillips player I would like to have something compareable in a portable.

Points taken. Still, if I wanted one of these, all I would need to do is wait for a sale, and it’d be cheaper.

EDIT: Podcast was worth a chuckle though :slight_smile:

I was thinking the same thing…Especially with a REFURBISHED battery which I assume is included in the REFURBISHED player…A new battery probabaly cost more than the player! But, don’t know for sure…

You have to quickly double-click on the child in the picture…

Would jump on it if it was divx compatable…ho-hum.

Is this how w00t puts us in a dull stupor before a w00t-off?

weird, looks like my first post got erased. anyway, my first woot. Bought 2.
I’m going on a trip with a friend in a month, need something we can each use without pulling out a laptop, and something I won’t get attached to in case it breaks. Those points about DIVX and AVI and stuff do make sense for next time. Also, I heard COBY is a better brand for cheap portable DVD players, but they’re more expensive. I wanted a woot after missing the BOC because I didn’t have my CC info saved, anyway :slight_smile: