NFL Vintage Metal Signs

What are the dimensions of the signs?

I was just looking for them too! I’m guessing kinda small, like 8x10.

I found these signs at www.sportsgifts.com and they were $19.95 + whatever other charges there are. It described them as:
The sign is made from heavy duty steel and features a realistic weathered design and embossed lettering. Riveted in all four corners for easy hanging. Sign measures 11.5" x 14.5".
You can also find them here:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Party+Animal+NFL+Vintage+Metal+Sign

Hey there, we just heard back, they’re: 11.5" x 14.5"

We’re getting that info added to the sale now.

No-brainer complaint no doubt, but if you’re going to go “vintage” and use the years the teams were founded, using the original logos might be a good idea - more effort maybe, but a good idea.

Nice looking signs, except for “obey the rules”. Kinda dumb.

Agreed. My dad played for the Boston Patriots back in the 60’s and no, this was certainly not the logo.

And yes, the “Obey the Rules” is kinda dumb too.

Could have been a cool gift otherwise.

Too bad the established date is wrong for the Packers. They were established in 1919.

I think since these are “NFL” that’s why is says 1921 as that’s when they joined the APFA which would become the “NFL”.

via wikipedia: In 1919 and 1920 the Packers competed as a semi-professional football team against clubs from around Wisconsin and the Midwest. They joined the American Professional Football Association (APFA) in 1921, the forerunner to what is known today as the National Football League (NFL).

There are lots of problems with these. The Bears were ‘Established’ in Decatur, not Chicago. And they weren’t “Da Bears” they were the Staleys.

Regardless, I still would have bought one had it not been for the “Obey the rules”. I think it’s safe to say that’s probably why they ended up here and didn’t sell somewhere else.

F.T.P.

I’m just shocked that the Patriots one says “Obey the Rules”… Someone should get one for Bellichek.

Particularly when discussing the Cowboys