Nicholson Ranch Chardonnay - Four Pack

Thanks for your opinion…I do the same thing as you as far as Chard while making dinner and then usually switch to a red later. I hope we have more whites coming. Haven’t bought anything since December…got all the reds I need and that seems to be all that is offered of late. Please…keep em coming!! Luvz me some ChardoYEAAA!

They are on fire this afternoon! Obviously someone opened the wine early today.

I got this last time. Unlike others, I don’t get a lot of oak. Maybe some pine…like the kind used to frame houses.
We threw most of ours away. It was undrinkable and there are plenty of white wines in the same price range that taste much better to my family.

Like several of the previous comments, I got this one last time. Really a heavy, oaky (or maybe it was that artificial oak, otherwise known as laminate) wine. I prefer reds (my wife’s the white drinker) but even she didn’t think this was crisp and clean enough. Going to pass this time.

That’s actually a pretty good description. I don’t get so much oak flavor as I do the crazy milk texture. It has a very creamy flavor to go along with that texture as well.

Thanks, that was a helpful review for me personally and i’m sure for others as well.

And a very unpleasant yeast flavor. Kind of like a Belgian ale that has been sitting in the hot sun for a few months.

Last wooter to woot: Toffeeking

Just could not resist the Cali Chard, the Queen loves her Chardonnays…me too!

OK, am drinking some of the last offer now, and cannot contradict some of the above descriptions: definitely get the milk feel (not whole, maybe 2%), definitely more butter than fruit, definitely oakey, and once prompted from above, see where there’s a yeasty note. Only difference is I don’t find any of that objectionable, actually find it to be a nice change of pace from some of the other fruiter, cleaner whites WD gets for us from time to time. YMMV…

Great thing about Wine Woot is we get to try lots of different wine. For about $10 a bottle, I’ll buy some more…

I was in for one last time, then I was kicking myself after two bottles.

In for three this time.

I bought 2 (8 bottles) last time. My wife loves it. Bought 3 this time.

Sold out, excellent- lets get onto something good

Missed it by this ’ ’ much! Dang it!

Dang Dang Dang!

I’m with you on that boat :frowning:

Did this wine ship for anyone. I know they it was a wootoff so their probably behind.

Not yet :frowning:

Update (2010-03-08, 3:36pm CST):
Just got an email…it’s on its way!

Ours arrived today, and DW and I had a bottle with dinner tonight.

I completely agree with the posts made at CT. Definitely a chardonnay for those who enjoy aggressive California style Chardonnays. This was much more bold and buttery than the (primarily Washington) chardonnays I’ve been drinking lately. I will definitely be cautious about what foods I pair this with. I can see it going well with grilled salmon on the deck later this summer. But this is going to squash anything you put with it that is delicate. I went in for 8 bottles, so this is order is going to be around for awhile.

Buttery … yeah, especially in the finish. I just finished my second glass, about 90 minutes after opening the bottle and in the last half of that glass the buttery feel pretty dominated after the first bursts of flavors.