Nickname that State

Illinois is neither the Prarie State or the Prairie State. It is the Land Of Lincoln.

I was referring to Foosball

As a 2nd generation lifelong Floridian I know my states true nickname is America’s Wang.

:stuck_out_tongue:

One more problem. New Jersey changed theirs to the “What’s that smell?” state.

Well done! Congrats littleclyde! :slight_smile:

I cannot read what it says for Connecticut, where I currently reside.
So many possibilities -
Nutmeg State
Constitution State
Insurance Capital…just to name a few.
But if I were certain that this shirt read Land of Steady Habits (i kid you not), it would be an auto buy

congrats littleclyde!!!

It says
Consti-
tution

Great result, lc. :^)

I’ve been to Sunshine, Golden, Grand Canyon, Pine Tree and Silver. I need to travel more, gotta collect 'em all.

Oh, if only Alabama had been listed as The Heart of Dixie . . .

I wanted YOUR design. I would’ve bought that one. Ah well. I’m saving $12 I guess. In fairness, the nickname tee is cute just not for my chest. :wink:

I can see why a lot of states would want to emphasize the fact that there’s sunshine in their state, as this is an easy cop-out for uninteresting places.

But why do so many states claim to be the “birthplace of aviation”? Shouldn’t that be more of a country-wide claim?

I approve this shirt.

I’m curious how the designer chose the nicknames - I live in Phoenix, AZ and everyone I know immediately assumes Arizona = Desert or Phoenix, even if the GC is much more “awareness” nationally.

Also, Florida Oranges are super popular, even if it’s nicknamed the sunshine state.

Just my $0.02

Hey! I live in South Dakota, and… and… and you’re absolutely right.

I’ve said many times that if it weren’t for Mount Rushmore, South Dakota would have had no idea what to put on their state quarter.

Only one state claims to be the “birthplace of aviation,” Ohio. North Carolina claims to be “first in flight.” The reason being that much of the Wright brother’s work was done in Ohio, but their actual first powered flight was in North Carolina. I’m not aware of any other states still making flight-related claims.

Also, global warming is a myth, since it was bone-chilling cold the past few days.

Hey, there’s plenty of things in SD! Like… rocks in the Badlands, and rocks in the Black Hills (including Mount Rushmore)… and rocks with bones in them!

Wow … I live in Chicago, and we drove through South Dakota in our Dodge Challenger, and I thought it was awesome to drive through and sightsee: Winding Roads of the Black Hills; the moon-like surface of the Badlands; Mt. Rushmore; the Sturgis Bike Rally; Crazy Horse Monument; mighty buffalo in Custer State Park; Prairie dogs (with two “i’s”) all over; Wind Cave National Park, etc. And a lot of great watering holes! I really enjoyed my stay there! If folks are looking for a great place to drive a car, or ride a motorcycle, get your butt to southwest S.D. It’s sweet. All my biker buddies love it there, and it’s a short ride to Devils Tower in Wyoming as well.

yeah- you can get them here where the idea probably came from: http://orkposters.com/us1.html