Nick's Sticks Beef Snack Sticks (25)

Nick's Sticks Beef Snack Sticks (25)

[date=2019-10-12 timezone=“America/New_York”]So, am I reading this incorrectly and I may be, but does it say that these sticks have an expiration of 10/01/18? So they have been off for a year and still command $54? How are these being sold still or is this an error.

I emailed Nick’s Sticks and Woot. Nick’s Sticks said the expiry is what it is and do not recommend eating past that date. While Woot seems to think hey good for a year past. Here are my email reply’s so I’m not paraphrasing. So buyer beware.

, Woot said
"Best By: 10/01/18

Expiration Date: 1 Year from Receipt

The Best By date refers to the date recommended that you use the product by for best physical and/or sensory quality.

It is not an expiration date, but rather the date by which recommends consumption."

Nick’s Sticks OTOH had said.

"Thanks for reaching out with your question. As the manufacturer of the product we cannot recommend eating the product after the best by date. That being said, I cannot recommend you eating or purchasing our product if it has expired in 2018. We use our best by and expiration date interchangeably.’

I think we forgot to update that date from the previous sale. You should not receive expired goods. Most items on Gourmet are made to order.

That’s a surprisingly bold claim…