Night of the Shun Knives

sg2 steel for this price, i wouldnt think for too long :wink: mark me as a quality post, i dont like that avatar :smiley: thx

Youā€™re right. And if it turns out I donā€™t like it as much as I hope, it was only $90, not the $250+ Iā€™ve seen for this blade before.

Trigger pulled. Erā€¦bullet bit. Erā€¦knife drawn! Yeah, thatā€™s the ticket.

i think u could sell it on ebay for 120 in six months or so

where is the block set

Anyone know if the sharpener does that weird Shun angle (~19 degrees as opposed to most knivesā€™ ~22)?

yes, 16, written above :wink:

Woot staff: I know KAI has sold factory seconds, reconditioned, or returned knives in this line in the past. Since it does not specify in the description, can you confirm that these are new?

Sorry for the delay in response.
According to the higher ups (you knowā€¦those folks with cubiclesā€¦) All of the Shun Knives in this sale are NEW and NOT refurbished.

Thanks for the question :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

SG2 steel discussed here:
Kitchen Knives Handcrafted in Japan | Shun Cutlery

Iā€™m really upset I missed out on theseā€¦ If anyone bought multiples and are regretting it, Iā€™d be more than happy to take a 10" chefā€™s knife off your hands.

Ditto. Looking for 8 or 10"

You and me both. I just bought a 10" Shun Classic a couple of months ago, but I would have jumped on this $90 Elite anyway.

Best deal Iā€™ve seen on Woot plus so far. Was close to buying the 10" chefā€™s but didnā€™t really need it so once again the sellout saved me money because I was near to talking myself into it. Along with those computer speakers that sound great but shut themselves off.

FYI - SHUN free sharpening is back as well. Glad to see that. Kitchen Knives Handcrafted in Japan | Shun Cutlery

Anyone know if this sharpener will work for my Shun Deba single bevel knife?

I bought one of these knives a few weeks ago. I love it! This will probable be the best knife that youā€™ll ever own!

no

In the unlikely event that someone purchased multiples of the 10" Chefā€™s Knife or has buyers remorse, please let me know and I will buy it.

Purchased a set of Ken Onion Shun knifes from Woot a few years ago and love them. Super sharp and great quality. Do yourself a favor and get the sharpener thats also on woot right now. The set did not come with a paring knife so Iā€™m all over this.

Finally, the Shun sharpener iā€™m in :slight_smile:

Know the hardness of the fictional Hattori Hanzo swords from Kill Bill? Just kidding! Thanks for posting he hardness scale. These are excellent kitchen knives for sure.