Night Rider

The Color (“Navyshmael”, apparently) misses a perfectly good opportunity to use the phrase “Navy Beluga”.

Probably a good thing, too.

Inspired by those choice TX surfing spots?

Must be a california joke

hehe…oh george.

This looks really great! I would buy this if it wasn’t for the guy. I know he’s part of it, but the whale and water are the parts I really like, and the coloring of the guy draws attention to him, my least favorite part.

Regardless, this is really nice!

I like the design but I don’t like its placement on the shirt. :confused:

More Texas designers! YEEEEHAW!

I grew up in Corpus, which is Texas’ “beach town”. I tried surfing once at Padre Island…yeah…it was a big fail. Scraped the crap out of myself along the ocean floor. Ahhh good times.

Rock on guys.

Hey now, when there’s storms it can be ok! We got some hella 3 footers out there!

definitely not a shirt I would order…

well, call me fishmael (a reference very few will get)!

and truth be told, it’s when i look at the night sky that i think of him - the night rider, that is, not fishmael - i just threw that in cuz we’re in the navy now (ahh, beans to you). And as for that stuff about surfin’ bird: man, I saw Lux Interior do that song with nuthin’ on! and it’s a long song, too, the way the Cramps did it. (and did they even say boo about Lux at the Grammys? I dunno, i went to bed, gotta get up early for werk, see?) So, no, strangely, i don’t reach for clothes when i hear Papa Oo Mau Mau!

… but you can… still, i wouldn’t reach for this.

here, don’t bother, i’ll do it myself: SPIDERS! RELIEVE THEIR SEXUAL FRUSTRATION!

Not to be nerd…ok, yeah, I am…whales are mammals…and chickens are birds. Whales bear live young and nurse them (mammary => mammal); birds lay eggs.

If I hadn’t already dropped $30 over the weekend for derby shirts I would be all over this like whale on squid.

I love the Surfin’ Bird reference in the write up.

I like ‘Hang Fin’ personally

like an old man trying to return soup at a deli!

I got about fifty-feet out and then suddenly the great beast appeared before me.

Congrats amigos!

Always is very nice to see your work here! and I love this collab!

I said, “EASY big fella!”

That dude is gonna freeze to death! Surfing where those whales live is COOOOLD! He’d be wearing a wetsuit, not '50s style shorts and t-shirt. :wink:

I think the copywriter was drinking all three bottles of wine.woot at the same time. ooo ba pa loo ba pa poo poo eeee!

The guy just doesn’t look like a surfer, looks like a prim and proper office jockey…

The free willy’s?

How does the silly whale create the wave if his tail is the surfboard? Does he just blow his nose and flip his front flippies to power through the waves? And where is the night vision goggles for the rider? I hope he doesn’t fall off because that big fish is just gonna swim away.