Nike IC Putter

I am having the same problem, after I press the gold button it just sits there trying to connect to sslwww.woot.com! I tried it in 3 different browsers and 2 different internet connections. Woot! fix your order page!

Got the 20-20A. Was looking for a mallet style putter and this showed up. Good price.

Wrong…

But, looks like I wasn’t 100% right either. He tried Nikes clubs for a while and then went with Titleist. See my previous post, his Master’s bag 2009. Then another poster noted that the present Master’s bag had all nike clubs.

I’ve got a feeling this has something to do with Nike standing behind him through the latest scandals. Not sure if Titleist is still firmly in his corner.

Okay, time to eat my words…

Looks like Tiger has been using Nike irons since around 2000.

I can guarantee you this, they’re not the same Nike irons at your local store. Those are always deeply discounted because no one likes them.

I wouldn’t be so brazen as to say that its all about the measurements. With irons and drivers it is, but generally when I fit someone for a putter I look at how far they lean over the ball as well. What is important is making sure that your eyes are over the ball, and finding the right length (generally 33, 34, or 35 inches) that will put your eyes where they should be. If you want my advice, go to a golf store (NOT a sporting goods store, go to a specialty place like golfsmith or golf galaxy or any other small chain by you) and have someone fit you for a putter. Then make your purchase. It is silly to buy a putter just because it’s on sale and then find out that it doesn’t fit you right!

OK first off Nike does not in fact make great clubs in general. Sorry. They make decent clubs but everyone loves their name so they buy them. Unless you invest in their top of the line forged irons the rest of their irons are garbage compared to titleist, ping, callaway, and others. Their wedges are also no where near the vokeys and others. Their woods aren’t too bad if you can get a deal but they are certainly no better than Taylor Made, Callaway, Ping or others. Their putters are decent for the average beginner. That’s an honest assessment. These putters aren’t bad for $35 but not worth too much more. A serious golfer will spend $100+ on a good putter (scotty, odyssey, ping, yes, rife, etc.) and they will see a noticeable difference. Moral of the story: Nike is average overall. Buy this if you are getting started and need a decent putter. But personally, I would never buy a club without trying it out first.

Wrong… at least sort of.

It all depends on where you shop. If you are dumb enough to shop at sporting goods stores like Dick’s thats your mistake. Any serious golfer goes to a golf store. If you go there you can usually buy off the shelf (or order from Nike) Nike’s TW forged irons. Tiger’s are custom made to his measurements but the clubs are the same. While most of Nike’s clubs are junk (see my previous post) their top of the line stuff (that tiger uses is pretty good, over priced but good)

yeah but it’s such a good deal!!!

Would these help me at my local “Putt Putt” miniature golf course?

The picture is distorted on the bottom. I think this is the first time I see Woot mess up.

I’m for sure going to find out what one of these looks like in the bottom of a pond.

WHy would Tiger Buy any kind of Golf Equipment?

Woot: I’ve been trying for hours to buy the 20-15 34". The gold button won’t work, since it’s been trying to load https://sslwww.woot.com/Member/Order.aspx#buyItTarget for a long long time.
Please fix it ASAP!

Went into the local sports authority earlier today and tried out all three types… I love these. I’m a beginner so take this with a grain of salt.

The 20-10 is much less forgiving on inaccurate putts. The 20-15 and 20-20 almost take some of the golfing skill out of it - I’ve never been so accurate in my life. I thought that the 20-20 was substantially heavier and liked it a lot; then tried out the 20-15 and realized that I was much more comfortable with the weight. All of them are great clubs, and the only reason I liked the latter two more is I’m not quite skilled enough to play as well with the 20-10 blade putter. I think these are a great deal for the price (Sports Authority had them for $90 to $120 depending on the model, plus tax, obviously).

It’s my putter and I want it now!

Send it quickly plz. :slight_smile:

So does anybody know the fix for the non working gold button? I’ve been trying to purchase for about an hour now :frowning:

Sorry you are having problems.

I clicked on the I Want One button and it loaded the order page. Is this where you are having the problem? Try clearing the browser’s cache/temp files. You might try another browser and/or another computer as well.

Edit: Talked to the code slaves. They think it should be ok now. Please try again and let me know if you continue to have problems.

um, why are these putters being associated with tiger woods? he’s never used a nike putter.

hopeully the 20-15A was a good purchase!

I’ve been having a huge problem getting into my account and purchasing this putter. It won’t load regardless of clearing cache, using another computer, using a different browser. But I would really like to purchase this putter. Any ideas?

I also have been trying to buy the putter most of the day and have not been able to get in to order it. I have now tried on aat least 3 different computers and on a PC and a Mac. Very frustrating!