Nikon 16MP Digital Camera w/18x Opt Zoom

You mean 85 bux. I can find several refurbished cameras for under $100 which received much better reviews than this Nikon. The main fault with this camera is the most important thing most people look for in their camera,i.e., picture quality.

I need a small (yet capable) camera that I can carry on my bike+kayak without hauling my SLR. When I was looking over the Coolpix line at Amazon, I ended up choosing the S6500 because it boasted WiFi (send photos to smart phone while traveling without laptop) and GPS (handy to keep track of where photos were from when you’re biking 80 miles). Sadly, Amazon’s description was wrong and it doesn’t really have GPS and the model that does is much more money.

So I was bummed about that and lo and behold, Woot gives me a second shot at a better model for less! (Yeah, reconditioned, so hopefully it works out). Doesn’t look like this has Wifi like the 6500 but it accepts Eye-fi cards.

Received mine today. Looks in good shape and the battery charged fairly quickly.

However, I did not receive the software CD along with the camera. I’ll have to track this down. It also did not come with the “quick start” manual that I figured it would.

I had read reviews of this camera saying that it was way too slow to boot, ISO issues, etc., so I was a little apprehensive about buying it. After digging around on Nikon’s support site, I noticed there was a new version of firmware available. So I took a chance and ordered. It shipped with v1.1 so I installed v1.3 immediately. I haven’t had any issues with start-up speed (<3 seconds) and it takes great pics. As far as the ISO issues - you really only gain a few f-stops when raising the ISO. Best to leave at 200 or below, unless you WANT a grainy look.

Couldn’t be happier with my purchase. A great bargain.