Nikon D3200 24.2MP DSLR w/ 18-55mm Lens

Just like guns don’t shoot people, cameras don’t shoot good photos. The person behind the camera (or gun) makes a good shot or not.

True story: Guy comes in (a long time ago) with a Nikon F that had a hard to turn shutter dial. Eager-beaver sale reps begins scraping away gunk around the dial with his thumb. The camera was used in the morgue.

So we have a Nikon D5000 that we’ve had for a very long time. It’s starting to become a bit finicky (shudder won’t fire sometimes - turn it on and off a time of five and it’ll work again for a good bit). If we put it in for repair, we’re looking at probably $200+, and I’d rather buy a new one if it’s better, lighter, etc. So megapixals aside (this clearly has way more…double maybe?), this appears to be not only a more current model, but probably better as well? Would the lens on the D5000 work? Could I just buy the body from someplace and use the D5000 lenses? Any input is appreciated. TIA

But that’s a year later! :slight_smile:

Maybe in your family.
What is the Canon equivalent?

I assume that this is also a gray market or somehow different? The vendor gets really good reviews: http://www.accessorypackages.com/en/digital-cameras/1179-canon-hf-dc1-high-power-flash-detachable-flash-018208254927.html

Per Dealnews:

Red Tag Camera via eBay offers the Nikon D3200 24.2-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera bundled with the Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 VR Lens, model no. 25492, for $299 with free shipping. That’s $21 below our mention of a refurb from last fall (this one is new) and the lowest total price we’ve seen for this bundle, new or refurbished. (It’s a current low for a new unit by $87.) The camera features a 3" LCD, 1080p video recording with sound, 4 fps shooting, and HDMI. Deal ends May 14.
Get a Square Trade warranty and you still save $50 off the Woot price.

Does anyone really still shop at Abes of Maine??? they’re con artists!!!

Great deal! Now do that with a cannon please! :slight_smile:

There’s no comparison. This has far less recoil than a cannon.