Nikon D600 24.3MP DSLR w/24-85mm VR Lens

I have the D600, and I’ve owned it since Oct 2012.

1. From everyone I’ve seen who has purchased a refurb (factory), the issue with the shutter has been corrected (which makes sense, b/c the D610 has been corrected). I wouldn’t expect any “oil/dust” from these cameras.

2. I didn’t notice the issue until I started doing landscape photos against a sky, shooting at f/11 or smaller, and even then I had to force it out in production. Now, with that said, once you see it… it’s gross.

However, I was shooting youth basketball games, photojournalistic, and portrait kinds of images, but mostly at apertures f/5.6 or wider.

1. I bought cleaning solution and sensor swabs for about $50, and haven’t had problems since cleaning my sensor (after 6k actuations).

2. If you’re going to buy a $1,700 camera - let’s be honest, it’s a $2,000 worth of camera, BODY ONLY, it’s just cheaper b/c of a snafu - then you should know how to clean your sensor. If you don’t want to maintain your camera, then buy a camera without a detachable lens.

This one is not refurbished, it is reconditioned. I do not think that Nikon sells reconditioned items.

Warranty might not be from Nikon.

As stated earlier the D610 has been released, which replaces the d600.

These are reconditioned not refurbished.

This same package is for sale on Amazon for only $200 more but is new with a full warranty. I see that as a better deal than this reconditioned camera and lens.

Nikons lost me after 20+ years as a professional photographer that works at one of the largest corporations on the planet.
How? I bought my Mother-in-law a ‘starter’ Nikon DSL kit, the D40, from a Costco at a very reasonable price, until I found out that Nikon manufactures sub-par kits such as these exclusively FOR certain chains, and passes them off as the genuine thing.
The lens weren’t even the traditional Nikon renowned glass, but they bore the Nikon name on them.
Out of curiosity, I checked other chain stores that sold dirt-cheap Nikons, and the same was true; they just put their name and model number on it as the better product.
No more NIKON for this photographer. I’ve been ordering Pentax’s and Sony’s for the corporation for 5 years now with no issues.