Ninja® Mega Kitchen System®

Interesting you should ask, as I just had a frozen strawberry take a chunk out of the side of my Ninja blender. I had purchased it on Woot as “factory reconditioned” and it came with a “90 day warranty through Ninja”. This happened about 6 weeks after I got it, so well within the 90 day window. BUT when I called Ninja, I was told that Woot is not an authorized Ninja dealer. I explained that Woot is a subsidary of Amazon, they refused to budge. They (Ninja) told me that I would have to go back to Woot for a refund/replacement. All I want is a new pitcher! Woot customer service had this to say: Sorry about the misunderstanding! Since we are an Amazon subsidiary, please inform the manufacturer that you purchased this item from Amazon when prompted and you should have no problem getting them to honor the warranty. Hope this helps! Please contact us again if you have any further questions or concerns.

Regards,
Robb
Woot Member Services

BUT I had already TOLD Ninja that Woot is a subsidary of Amazon, it did no good, they do not recognize woot as an authorized dealer.

SOOOOO…if you are fine buying this product with NO WARRANTY AT ALL, go ahead, but you are taking a chance.

There’s another Ninja model (BL820) where the food processor lid has a spout. Does anyone know if I that lid will fit this food processor bowl?

Or even could I buy the bowl assembly with the spout and use it on this base?

Well, I guess I will have to pass on this deal. The Ninja Prep Pro I purchased on Woot does everything others are saying this model does. Granted this model has a 1500 watt motor base and mine doesn’t have a base and has a 450 watt motor. But still my smoothies are smooth and well blended, even when I add veggies. No chewing needed. =)

All I can see is that this one has bigger motor, takes up much more space and has a dough thingy attachment. As stated before, I am a kitchen appliance junkie. Taking deep breaths and walking away from this one, since it seems my Ninja Prep Pro does what this does and takes up less room.

These blenders feed their 1500 watts of power through a set of three small nylon gears that will eventually strip if you are blending a lot. Ours lasted about a year. It’s under warranty, but read the warranty carefully, by the time you pay the shipping, for the blender and ALL Accessories(required), and pay them $19.95 for return shipping, you might as well just throw it away and buy a new one. While they work they are okay, but there’s a reason there is a solid supply of refurbished models available.

I use this daily with all kinds of frozen fruit. It is amazing. The plastic is heavy and durable.

What is “refurbished” on these? Would I get a used blender or mixer body?

Does anyone know if square trade warranty is available to extend the 90 day period?

Surprise gift for the wife!

da wife has one and its a Beast!

The only thing you have to look out for on these systems is that the clear plastic will crack over time as it is exposed to hot and cold. Still, it took several years for our blending cups to reach that state. Overall, the unit has been great.

I second this question. For the ~$70 extra on Amazon, is it worth it to get a new one?

Find a direct drive blender. Gears, especially plastic, have never made sense to me on blenders except to make you burn thru them and buy another.

i bought it, reviews sound good, blender looks solid. Our blender we had to take a hammer to ice before putting the smoothies in the blender. problem solved it sounds like.

Raw Beet Smoothie - mmmmm yummie

Don’t knock it till you try it. haha… its actually quite good.
Just don’t get it on your clothes.

Do you use the blender or the food processor for the almond milk? Have you made peanut/almond butter with yours yet?

I’ve honestly gotten the most use out of the single use cups for sauces, juices and the like. Would love to use the whole unit more.

not a good first foot forward from woot to me as a new one is 3 payments of 33.33 for a total of 99.99 so it would cost me more for your reconditioned one then it would for a new one

Ummmm…Where is it $99.99? Can’t find these new for that price.

THANK YOU! I contacted Ninja and they did confirm what you are saying. They do not have Woot on their authorized list of dealers and will not honor a warranty for purchases made through them.
It makes me nervous in the first place that Ninja is not willing to give a full warranty like they do on their new models - seems they do not have confidence in their own reconditioned models. Woot needs to work this out if they want to gain me as a customer. I like the idea of a deal but only if it really is a deal.
Thanks again for posting this review.

I have this blender (paid much more than this retail at Best Buy), and use it often with frozen strawberries… no problems whatsoever.