Ninja Coffee Bar® Glass Carafe System

Same issue with mines. Returning asap

Just tried mine out as well. A few ounces comes out then it beeps and shuts down. Very disappointed.

I’m having the same issues as everyone else. It doesn’t work. Watched videos to try and troubleshoot and finally called Ninja. Thier customer service is amazing. They concluded its defective. For $20 they are sending me a new base unit. from what I read here Woot has no more of these in stock but I’m determined to keep the item and make it work. But yes I’m out an additional $20. I emailed Woot in hopes they will assist here. Fingers crossed

Another dissatisfied customer. Bought it, ran through the instruction manual exactly, it is Dead on Arrival. Pumps out water for a few seconds, then I get the legendary ‘5 beeps’, and it shuts down.
Unfortunately, by the time I get it packed, shipped back, and finally get my refund, it will probably be past Christmas, or too close to Christmas to be able to use as a gift. Very disappointed that they can’t replace the unit, so I’m out $95. Not the best customer service I’ve received from Woot.

Garbage. Does not work at all out of the box.

Hey all! We’re very sorry for the problems with this Ninja system.

Woot CS is ready to assist. Please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.

Mine did the same thing. Further, it didn’t include a carafe. I didn’t see the note from Woot above until I had already dealt with it. Kudos to Ninja, they are sending me a new base and carafe, no charge!

Update, more kudos to Ninja customer service. They sent me an entire NEW unit, with all accessories, including a glass pitcher for brewing over ice! And this one, of course, works.

DOA here too…about 1 squirts worth of piss in the bottom of a cup, 5 beeps and then its out to lunch. Defective junk.

Disappointed on Xmas morning, mine didn’t work either. Neither does the link :confused: - server error.

Eep, sorry. Looks like it’s changed to

https://account.woot.com/support

Why sell so many of a defective product. Even ninja support says woot is now notorious for selling this product that has the same issue for everyone. Very disappointed now for what would have been my girlfriends favorite Christmas gift is a pain in my butt.

I got this in Dec 2017. Thought it was a great deal and a worthy replacement for my Keurig 2.0(which I loved but the pods cost too much and they are environmentally unsound).
The Ninja gave me more size options and made a hotter cup of coffee.
First thing that I didn’t like was that the clean light came on before a month had passed. Then again in less than a month. Now, I cannot predict how much coffee I’ll get. I loved the 8oz specialty option. That started spitting out 12oz. The 4oz. option started spitting out 8oz. But it’s not consistent, so I never know how much coffee to use. I’m upset.