Ninja Coffee Bar - Your Choice

The REF on the end of the model number probably stands for refurbished. But I will ask the vendor team just to be sure.

[EDIT: Confirmed. The REF stands for refurbished.]

Interesting. But are you referring to flat-bottomed filters? It seems to me a cone is a cone, and if you got a bigger one, the “shape” of the coffee would be the same. You just would have more filter space up top. If you were referring to cone-shaped filters, can you explain why the bigger cone makes a difference to the coffee? Thanks.

I love my Ninja. During pregnancy I went down to 1 cup of coffee a day, so most of what I’ve used it for has been single-serve.

Be aware if you plan on getting this for single cups of coffee that it brews big cups. I find a standard 11 oz mug is almost overflowing on the regular/classic setting. Consider getting some nice 16/20 oz mugs if you don’t have any, especially if you need room for cream in your drink but don’t want an extra-concentrated brew.

Thermal seems the way to go. It hasn’t been mentioned, so I am assuming not, but does anyone with the thermal carafe feel there is a metallic taste?

I have the thermal one, and it doesn’t have a metallic taste.

I think it does and you have a couple of different settings (IE rich brew, classic brew etc.)

Glass or Metal Carrafe, and why? Thanks!

1. Glass beaks and expensive to replace.

CANNOT WAIT!! Hubby wooted this deal for me today…

I replaced my Keurig about a year ago with this. It makes everything well without all the unrecyclable Kcups. Easy to clean, water container is easy to fill, and I like that I can stop the flow of water to the cup mid stream.

I have the model with the glass carafe. It stays warm for a long time, IMHO, I see no reason to switch to the metal.

It does make very good coffee! I prefer the rich brew setting, which concentrates it a little, but the classic setting makes more. You won’t get a full pot on the rich setting.

I have two reusable filters from other coffee makers I’ve had and they work fine. I find them easy to clean.

We use a permanent filter but we use our spray head to spray it clean after rubbing in soap and water, cleans it just well and hasn’t harmed it at all.

I bought the thermal carafe version when the Coffeebar first came out. Over a year later it’s still brewing a great cup every time.

Notes:

• A stronger brew means less coffee. Same for over-ice setting. It makes it super hot and brews less so you get a concentrate that doesn’t taste watered down over ice.
  • Permanent filters tend to add more sediment to the coffee. This usually settles and makes up the dregs of the cup. Some people like it. Not me. I use a paper filter when I’m brewing for company.
  • The thermal carafe is no joke! My wife makes a full pot when she gets up for work at 6am, and it’s still nicely hot (even after adding creamer) 3 hours later when my day starts. It’s sold out now, but worth the investment even separately - you can buy it from Ninja for about $50.
  • The newest version of the Coffee Bar released this year has a number of improvements, including a steamed frother attachment, lacking here. I only miss this feature for making cappuccinos. My lattes do not miss the heated milk at all.

A good buy.

How long does it stay on to keep the coffee hot? My big complaint about our basic coffee maker is that it turns off after 2 hours leaving me with cold coffee if I’m not paying attention to turn it back on.

Glass carafe version is a 2 hour warming plate, but the thermal one does not use a hot plate, so it doesn’t -actively- keep coffee hot.

These are the original Melitta cone sizes. Their patent expired in the early 70’s. In my experience, the larger cone allows the gound coffee to “bloom” or bubble up better. I use a pour over kettle with a manual coffee maker. The sprayer or water dispersion in an auto drip needs to be really good when using #4 filters.I had a single travel mug Starbucks Barista model that was quite good, but others that did not saturate the grounds 100%.

The original Krups and Braun machines all used #6 filters. You can gamble $10 on the mothership and get a manual Melitta to see if it makes a big difference for you.

If your brewing Folgers, it won’t matter much.

There are also #6 cones with a tube on the bottom that let you brew right into most carafes.

If you are drinking coffee that is two hours old it really won’t matter but then it’s boiled down to a sludge anyway. gas station coffee. Better to let it cool and reheat in microwave.

Looks like it’s been sold out

Mine was received and after using it for 7 days it was faulty - five beeps and it stops brewing no matter what I tried. I returned it and asked for a replacement, and instead WOOT gives me a credit less 20%. I have been with WOOT almost nine years, but this was definitely my last WOOT purchase.

I’m really sorry to hear about this. I’m going to ask my CS contacts to take a look at this situation.

So, in looking at your account it looks like you were refunded the full amount of the purchase, minus a restocking fee because the item wasn’t returned in its original packaging. Does that sound right?