Ninja Creami Owners - Share Your Ice Cream Experiences & Recipes!

:open_mouth:

2 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I tried the chocolate, and you were right, it does not mix well. Next time I am going to try mixing the sugar and vanilla with the warm cream cheese, and mix the cocoa with some of the milk, warmed up. Then when they both look like frosting, mix the two together, then add the rest of the milk.

2 Likes

Ah. Vindication. And a solution!

I made Strawberry again and it was ball-y. Remixed. Then it was waxy. Is it the fat in the heavy cream? Frozen curdling? Too much mixing? Crappy cream? Idk.

2 Likes

I microwaved my frozen pint for 10 to 20 seconds on half power, before using the creami, and it turned out perfect, without needing to remix.

2 Likes

I made a pint cozy.

5 Likes

I had to remix the blueberry cheesecake leftovers because it re-froze too hard, and got the same result - kinda waxy. I think the cream cheese is the culprit!

2 Likes

Thinking more on this, maybe it is the heavy cream (although I’ve only had it happen with the recipe with cream cheese)…
Over-whipping cream will make butter, which would explain the waxy mouth feel. I have whipped the heck out of cream cheese for other (non-frozen) recipes, and not had that happen. Maybe putting the two together is making it happen more easily?
:thinking:
Definitely need more experimenting to figure out definitively…

3 Likes

I do believe you are onto the answer! It crossed my mind, but that would mean an operator error. Oh, the horror! LOL

1 Like

I made the chocolate ice cream. I mixed the sugar and vanilla with the warm cream cheese and then mixed the cocao with the warm milk. When everything disolved, I mixed the two together. I got the idea from recipes for making chocolate milk powder. People would complain that the cocao wouldn’t dissolve in cold milk, and the answer was to disolve it in a small amount of hot milk, and once it formed a paste like texture, mix in the cold milk. It worked for me.

2 Likes

I made what I call an Elvis smoothie. It has peanut butter, bananas, honey, and full fat yogurt.

5 Likes

Nice!

I haven’t tried the Smoothie setting yet…

2 Likes

I may have used the ice cream setting. I was just trying to convince myself that what I was eating was a nutritious smoothie.

Very nice! Except for the bananas.

1 Like

Happiness is a tiny freezer full of Creami pints.

3 Likes

Target has pints with color lids, available for shipping.

3 Likes

Pineapple, bananas, strawberries, yogurt, and beets, make such a lovely pink.

4 Likes

I could do that, if no bananas.

3 Likes

Yes, we have no bananas.

2 Likes

Be right there!

2 Likes