Ninja DZ201 Foodi 6-in-1 2-Basket Air Fryer W/ DualZone Technology

Ninja DZ201 Foodi 6-in-1 2-Basket Air Fryer W/ DualZone Technology

1 Like
2 Likes

“Refurbished” by… whom? Ninja, or… ?

1 Like

hovering over “Refurbished” It’s states repaired by the “pros.” we can easily surmise that it’s not talking about woot. I think even they would have to look up the word “pros” to find what that means.

2 Basket air fryers are the worst dietary idea of 2021.

1 Like

Only if one lacks self control and fills themselves with garbage food. That’s not the fault of the appliance.

My first reaction to seeing it was it would be great for a family with vegetarians/vegans as you could have one side exclusively for non-meat items and get the convenience of simultaneous cooking.

3 Likes

I am feeling kind of shamed for considering this.

Oh well, you don’t live with me so what do I care.

6 Likes

We cooked salmon recently in the air fryer. It works fine. It doesn’t have to be unhealthy food!

7 Likes

Skin on? If so, were you able to get the skin crispy? I have heard of people taking the skin off and crisping it separately.

We have a severe gluten allergy in our family. This would be perfect: one side for gluten-free, the other for gluten containing products. :+1:

2 Likes

Tempting. Looks like a nicely executed appliance.

Easy user interface with separate displays.

The ability to synchronize two different cooking duration foods to finish at the same time.

But most is I am a plant-based and the only thing I would do is probably Brussel sprouts in them pretty much nothing else

3 Likes

I’ve done air fryer tofu that turned out surprisingly good. Our household was slow to adopt to an air fryer, but now we use it for everything.

(And yes, we just bought one from this deal.)

1 Like

Everything You Need to Know About Air Frying for Vegan Cooking | The Beet.

It discusses a ton of options for plant based diets and that most people think air fryers are just for meat based - they are debunking the myth

1 Like

Same - I thought it was a fad and hesitated buying one. So glad I finally did. I started out with an inexpensive one just to see if I would use it, then gifted that one when I got the Ninja version, and will gift my Ninja when this one comes.

I went with the Navy, what did others pick? I wanted something different than the typical black appliance.

3 Likes

Remember to practice good ventilation while air frying. It produces around 13x higher amounts of chemicals in the air than traditional cooking of the same meals. Good ventellation which removes these chemicals from the air is highly suggested for people with breathing issues or pets with sensitive respiratory systems such as parrots. Cooking pollutants are one of the biggest contributors to poor air quality in the homes. These chemicals can’t be removed from the air with traditional filtration systems and either need to be removed from the house via fresh air cycles or through large amounts of activated carbon with enough time to absorb the particles before your lungs do.

2 Likes

I got the red. I have another basket air fryer but like the idea of being able to cook two things at the same time (e.g., chicken breasts and baby potatoes).

1 Like

Same reason I did.