Ninja SP100 6-1 Digital Air Fry Oven

Ninja SP100 6-1 Digital Air Fry Oven

2 Likes

We have the SP101 and so far this unit rocks.

4 Likes

What is refurbished on this product?

2 Likes

I love mine so much, I just bought one for my daughter to take to college in the fall.

3 Likes

Picked this up a while back and absolutely love it.

3 Likes

Got this last time it was offered; works like a champ. MUCH better then the egg shaped air fryer we had since this will allow for air frying a whole chicken (if spatchcocked) - which turned out GREAT!

2 Likes

Do these cook as well as the basket style ones? I have two Philips I use right now but want not more cooking space and less shaking the basket. Also can you cook on more than one tray or its too small for multiple trays at once?

1 Like

For those who have this- how is it to clean the interior? I have a double-basket air fryer and frequently make chicken wings in it. It works great but the bottom of the baskets gets very greasy and I’m trying to picture how that wouldn’t be a messy disaster in this thing. Otherwise I’d love the idea of it to replace our standard toaster oven.

1 Like

how well does it actually do at making toast?

I’ve had this for a while and the toast is amazing. It toasts evenly and the darkness is surprisingly accurate for just 1 piece or 6. We use it as an oven all the time and the pre-heat time is almost non-existent. As an air-fryer, I don’t think it works very well but only tried air frying a few times.

We mainly bought it because it flips up to save counter space but is by far the best toaster oven I’ve ever owned.

4 Likes

What’s the usual price of these? What is refurbished?

1 Like

I have seen them $180 and up. I hesitated buying one because I didn’t need another toaster oven and bought one because of what our fellow Wooters said and they were right. Another Wooster stated the preheat is basically nonexistent and I 100% agree. I make all kinds of things in this and I am not a person who cooks or baker - this has opened a lot of options, I wouldn’t normally make or would skip bc of preheat/cook time. It is great for 1 person, a couplecor a house with kids.

Toasting is awesome, I often make bagels with no issue! I make crescent rolls all the time too, without the energy cost of heating the oven.

Friends of mine with younger kids let them use it bc it is so easy to use and they can make much healthier options.

It also does not put off much heat, which is nice on a hot day. The unit does get hot and the only thing I wish it had was the shelf pulling out a little when you open the door, so it is easier to grab (it’s not hard by any means), but others may not like that.

I bought one for my daughter’s dorm room in the fall so she and her roommate can make healthier options, bake treats, reheat or whatever. I think it will work out nicely when they want another option.

2 Likes

Hi there! The price online is usually $180+.

“Refurbished” covers everything from buyers’ remorse returns and products whose defects have been repaired by the pros to damaged packaging and discontinued items. If you can accept their checkered past, refurbs have a lot of love to give.

2 Likes

It is pretty easy; it has a bottom tray that slides out and everything (the tray, the mesh screen and the pan) are all dishwasher safe if needed.

1 Like

I’ve not tried wings in it yet, but would expect it would be fine. To cut down on the grease, I steam them for 10 min before to render out some of the fat - no issues when using the old egg style air fryer.

1 Like

You’ll be lukcy to find this for less than 180. Over Christmas it was going for up to 220 and was sold out everywhere. I’ve been following the price for a while, before it even got all the crazy “it” item of 2020 hype. Glad waiting for the buyers remorse returns paid off! I’m excited to replace my old AF KitchenAid with this and to claim some of my limited counter space back!

2 Likes

For the most part the refurbished on this product has been reported as coming in excellent condition. The reviews I read that had an issue seemed to come from the shipping company.

Imo it is worth rolling the dice, if you don’t like the condition send it back (I have not read any of the type of interesting stories of that you may find on Amazon returned products with Ninja, but I am sure you can find some if you really wanted to)

1 Like

I HAVE IT. I LOVE IT.

If you’ve been wondering about getting an air fryer get THIS ONE. It is also a toaster, an oven, etc, and doesn’t have a goofy round form factor. It swings up to save space and has largely replaced most of my oven usage.

3 Likes

season 3 episode 13 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

4 Likes

Anyone know if the trays are steel? We’re looking for one but my wife doesn’t want the plasticy trays.

1 Like