No Crank Hose Reel with Swivel Base

Why not in Summer? It is quite warm here, for the season, actually 9 degrees ABOVE zero. Perhaps this is due to Global Warming, or political exchanges, but here in sight of the Grand Tetons we will have no gardening for a few more months. Or maybe they ship this Smart Post, and we need the lead time…

Not worth it to me. This won’t prevent the hose from tangling or snagging on things as it’s being rewound, which will probably end up breaking something or burning up the engine.

$45 for a hose reel…

reely?!?..

You’re not hosing me wit dis ting woot!!!

bwahahahahaha!!!..

I have the Columbus without the swivel base. It works well even with the rigid (expensive) “no kink” hoses. You can attach the waste water (when reeling) outlet to a spray bar that rinses the hose off as it rewinds. The only downside to these is that they only hold 100 feet.

YEs! I have been looking for this for my college apartment!

Fortunately for you that engine is water-cooled. and powered.

Whaaaaaatttt?

Where do you live?!? Der Homeland State of Amerika or what?!?

Come on…

Why wasn’t this part of the woot-off???

I live at over 8,000 feet elevation. the sun can be pretty intense at high altitude…

I’m skeptical. I buy good quality rubber hoses and a hundred footer is pretty heavy… Doesn’t your water pressure figure in? I know I have at least one spigot that can’t deliver enough pressure to retract a larger hose…

Yep. We have two of these at my house, and they work great! there is no “engine” at all, it just uses the water pressure in the hose to rewind the reel - pretty nifty!

As long as you aren’t break dancing while you are gardening i cant see the hose getting that tangled…

This is great timing! We just fixed a spigot on our patio and this will be perfect for there!

The sun can be pretty intense at 1,000 feet altitude in Phoenix, AZ at 123F too…

So… Whiskey Tango Foxtrot over?

Should have posted the “NO CRANKS” sign during the woot-off!!!

I’ve been wanting something like this because I have a hard time pulling my hose around and then back again. Despise cheepily made items. What happened to those good ole days? Make me something to last and I’ll pay extra! Thanx for the warning.

Roger Wilco

i got a unit like this from costco for $75. i was very excited at the concept because i am extremely lazy. however, the thing will just gush a bunch of water out the drain hose in order to harness the power of water to wind up the main hose. i’m not really environmentally minded and even i found the concept horribly wasteful in practice and quickly returned it.

of course, if you aren’t of the same mind, this is a very good price.

This actually would be a great purchase for me but, I am afraid it would get jacked :frowning:

I own three of these and have purchased many as gifts over the years. They last forever and are extremely convenient and keep things neat and tidy looking around the yard. I highly recommend thisproduct and the price here is fantastic! Spring is just around he corner - as well as Mother’s and Father’s days.

I would have gotten 2 if I didn’t get foreclosed on.