No Searching

For the developers, designers, coders, etc. of Woot. I wanted you to know how outlandish it is to deny the benefits of a search bar to your customers. It’s a complicating factor literally every time I access your page or app. It’s almost so frustrating that I usually get tired of scrolling through junk when trying to find something, that I just go elsewhere. I don’t get the reasoning or thought process behind that, are you trying to run a website like a corrupt version of Windows 95?

Woot is as advanced as Windows 95?

3 Likes

Yeahhhhhhh.

At first we were only one product, didn’t need it.
Then were were 10 products. Didn’t need it.
Then we were 1000+ products

But by the time that hit, other tasks were prioritized above search. Still not on the roadmap yet. Some day. Maybe. But we’re woot so who knows.

2 Likes

If you mean Searching in the Forum…its there.
If you mean Searching in items, you can use the Forum search.

1. In the Forum, Click the Search Icon
  2. Type in your Search Text, click the “Advance Search” icon to the right of the box.
  3. Choose whatever “Advanced” things that suits your fancy.
  4. Easiest thing is use the “Sort By” drop down and sort by Latest Post.

It works.

(This is a quality post, dammit. I miss the old woot)

4 Likes

The forum has a search feature, but you didn’t use it to find & comment on one of the other 100 threads about having no search bar…
So what are the chances that you would realllllly use said search on the shop side? :thinking:

Season 3 Mistake GIF by The Simpsons

2 Likes

In the context that I am not sure what category something may fall under… I just find a like item and click the sale page to find more… Star Wars merch for example below

1 Like

Star Wars toys CLEARLY belongs in fitness.

And that’s not merely because of the workout which you’d get after purchasing it all.

yes, right next to Women’s Intimates.

Its taking all the delivery boxes from your mail room to the fourth floor! May the fourth flight of stairs be with you

1 Like

Nonsense there are no bras in Star Wars. George Lucas confirmed

1 Like

I still haven’t really watched any of the movies.

Parodies aside, I’ve seen maybe 5 minutes total.

There was one we all remember.

princess leia episode 6 GIF by Star Wars

1 Like

That isn’t a bra! Its a tactical space holster. Jeez.

2 Likes

My Dark Side thoughts are now brewing.

1 Like

I am the same way with Star Trek.

As an adult I have really taken an interest to Star Trek though. One of my college professors met his wife at a con via speaking Klingon.

I tried watching the complete Voyager series recently.

Lost interest after 6 or 7 episodes.

It’s on the magic talking box every night, as one of the channels has daily episodes from 4 or 5 different iterations.

I have the same struggle with Star Trek as several books that I am attempting to read.

I am more interested in the development, abilities, life, and inner workings of side characters than the main ones.

One of my favorite videos for this:

2 Likes

1 Like