NOCO Genius G3500 Charger & Maintainer

bluemaple…I have gone back and read both sides of this conversation to try and figure out where you would have lost the meaning of what I was saying…not expecting it to read my mind nor does anything it does bother me. Very simply I thought the % indicators were indicating the % of charge the battery held. Instead it indicates the % of the charge cycle the G3500 has gone through. So read my mind , NO…but the old analog needle gauge on my very old Schumacher 12 volt battery charger gives you a reading of amount of charge your battery is holding and as you charge the battery the needle moves up towards 100% charged. So say you disconnect the charger once it reaches 89% charge. A minute later you reconnect the charger to the same battery and the gauge on the battery charger will still show you the battery has an 89% charge…and it doesn’t have to ‘‘read my mind’’ to know this. And the gauge does not drop back down to 0% like on the G3500. And this is all , I was pointing out , that the the 4 leds on the G3500 is letting you know , the % of the charge process that has occurred at this point. Where as the needle gauges on the older chargers is telling you the charge the battery has and has nothing to do with the % of the charge process that has occurred.

… and there we have the problem, expecting a modern smart charger to use the same old methodology as an old dumb charger. That 100% read happens very quickly. If you don’t like it, return it and go back to your old dumb charger.

Or, if you’re looking for a dumb, instantaneous voltage read, use a voltage reader like the NOCO connector accessory I mentioned. Enough already.

Alternatively, they should send the NOCO to me, where I will love and cherish it alongside its sibling.

1 Like

Haha.

NOCO was happy to read your offer of loving and cherishing it alongside its sibling but for now , this NOCO has 9 batteries that love it's company from time to time and a few of them even feel like they would just die if they were not able to connect with NOCO.