Nokia Lumia 900 16GB Unlocked Cell Phone

We will still occasionally offer a Two-for-Twoesday deal, but we stopped making them regular occurrence awhile ago.

I’m stupid enough not to know so I have to ask. Where would one buy an unlocked S4? And could I slip my AT&T Go-phone sim card into it and start using it?

This phone is blown out routinely these days, and it’s a good phone for $200.

But I’d really like to get an unlocked phone that runs Android to get on the Walmart plan, and it isn’t clear that there is a build that works on this phone. Then if it did, the odd processor may flumix some software, so every time I see this same deal, I go back and forth but pass it up every time.

The Lumia 928, called Catwalk on Tmobile USA, should be out on the 16th as well. Verizon has first dibbs it seems.

For us Tmobile users we can hold out till June and hop on the Lumia 925(the model newer than the 928). Details here http://www.media-server.com/m/p/nwg7igc4

I’m still using my old Nokia N8 running Symbian Belle. Anyone know what’s happening with the N Series line?

This handset for the $200 aint too shabby.

Probably a dumb question, but those anyone know if you can use these phones outside of the US aswell? I’m really keen on getting this one.

It’s dead, sadly. Never mind that they were always more popular than this Windows Phone stuff, the Microsoft shill who is running Nokia now decided that they shall be no more.

The Nokia 808 (which is basically the successor to your N8) is Nokia’s last Symbian phone. There will be no more.

The 808 is a friggin great phone, though. What a way to go out…

I read into the usage of cellphones more and found out that, yes, you can use these phones outside of the US (since they are SIM lock free). That, and I’m just extremely paranoid when it comes to technical snuff. The more you know…

I’ll like to hear from someone who has one and is using it daily. What carrier are you using it on? Is it a solid and trouble-free phone? Do you have to sync with a computer to operate the phone or only if you want to add additonal apps?

Thanks guys.

Can I use my SIM card from my Verizon Galaxy S3 in this unlocked phone?

Sound advice. Or the lumia 521, which is basic, locked to T-Mo, runs Win8 and is only $129 at Walmart (out the door price - use on prepaid, postpaid, etc.).

I have a 521 but it’s not replacing my N4 any time soon.

I’ve used this phone daily for a little over a year. AT&T is my carrier. The phone is quite trouble-free. There have been zero freezes in that timeframe, unlike my old iPhone that would freeze daily and require resets. You do have to update this phone via a computer, but being that Windows Phone 7.8 is the final update that this phone will ever see, you should be able to do the update and never plug it in again. Bonus, if you have a Wireless-G router, you can sync and add music, videos, and media wirelessly (but the wireless sync is not compatible with any higher speeds than Wireless-G).

The biggest drawback to any Windows Phone is the lack of apps. Most of the big hitters are available, aside from Pandora. But most app developers don’t really see Windows Phone as being a profitable platform.

It’s really a solid phone, and if I didn’t have the gadget itch to upgrade to a new Galaxy, I’d keep this phone for years.

I’ve also used this phone for about a year, with AT&T. I love it. My first one did have a manufacturing defect (the voice search would automatically trigger when I played Plants Vs. Zombies), but once I swapped it out, it was fine. It’s a very reliable phone. The only time I have problems with it is if I leave it on for a long time (a few weeks?)without rebooting it. You have to use the computer to update the software, but you can set it up to automatically sync with Zune software on your computer over Wi-Fi if it’s connected to the same network as your PC and has been plugged in for a few minutes. You can also install apps over Wi-Fi (or I suppose over cellular data… if you have a big enough plan!)

The one downside is, as others have mentioned, the lack of apps. Granted, I have found an app for just about everything I need to do. I may only have one or two options for each function, but I don’t feel like the phone is crippled as a result.

As for everyone who says this is out of date… guess what, all phones go out of date too quickly, that’s why they keep selling new models!

Am on the market for new phone and a T-Mobile user - Nokia Lumia 521 is $130 and has Windows 8. Hard to beat.

I searched the tmobile website and they do not have the 900 listed as a compatible phone for the plan. I don’t know much about all this, but that means this won’t work with tmobile…why?

“I loves me my Iphone” says it all. I’m sure your IT department is stellar. By the way iOS = Apple, I would think that being such an Apple fan, you would know that. Hopefully you had enough hold outs left that knew how to actually run your IT department.

So we can expect to see facebook phones real soon now?

I have one. I have had it for a year on AT&T. If you live in a LTE market it is super fast for web browsing. I have it loaded with music and pics and it has not slowed down at all. I just got the windows 7.8 update on it as well. Syncs up nice if you are a outlook.com user.

“Hmm looks interesting. Nokia makes good phones. What operating system does it use? Oh it doesn’t say on this page. That’s a bad sign. Let’s see how many clicks it takes to find out what operating system it uses.”

@gak0090, you might not like what @michaelvella said, but he did not indicate there was a difference between Apple & iOS - he simply used the two terms interchangeably.