Nook HD 7" 8GB Tablet

**Item: **Nook HD 7" 8GB Tablet
Price: $89.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Nook HD 7" 8GB Tablet)

[Search Google](https://www.google.com/search?hl=en+%26tbm=shop+%26q=Nook HD 7" 8GB Tablet)

More info and reviews direct from Barnes And Noble

I just got one of these a few weeks back, the 16 g version.
I love it. LOVE it.

It runs the kindle app well. It plays games. It streams Netflix. I just does what I want it to, when I want it to.

Irony (from the Ancient Greek εἰρωνεία eirōneía, meaning dissimulation or feigned ignorance),[1] in its broadest sense, is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or event characterized by an incongruity, or contrast, between reality (what is) and appearance (what seems to be). The term may be further defined into several categories, among which are: verbal, dramatic, and situational.

Also See - Amazon held company selling Nooks.

I loved my Nook Color from the moment I got it, and my Nook HD+ (the 3 generation old one, and the 9" similar to this 7" respectively). If this were a 16 or 32 gig model, I’d pick it up just for a backup.

Amazon has a minority stake in LibraryThing (and has had that minority stake in the company for many years), a direct competitor to GoodReads which they acquired earlier this year. Amazon’s too big to not own things they’re competing with.

With the recent addition of Google Play, you can now run the Kindle for Android app on this. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, I picked up a reconditioned Nook HD+ (the larger screen version) a little over a week ago to read comics and magazines and I’m loving it. It runs the same firmware as the HD, which is not stock Android, so it takes a little getting used to if you’re used to stock Android. It can be rooted and it can be made to boot CyanogenMod and other Android distributions. As far as the reconditioning goes, mine arrived in all the original packaging and appeared to be new other than a sticker sealing the box show that says reconditioned.

Also, I have the Kindle app, Zinio, Comixology, and Dark Horse Comics apps loaded (among others).

Solid reviews (4.1 put of 5.0) over at amazon

Pretty good reviews (4.2 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com

If I may, I’d like to give a hearty recommendation of warranties from SquareTrade. Just within the last two weeks, I had a printer that died on me. I’d covered it with a SquareTrade extended warranty. Printer died on a Friday, ST authorized a return, I bought a new printer Saturday & printed out the return label, shipped the dead printer back on Monday, and SquareTrade had an Amazon gift card for the full amount in my email inbox by Tuesday night. An absolutely ideal transaction. If you’re going to get a warranty , go with SquareTrade.

That looks like the older Nook model, not the HD. The HD supports Google Play.

The description says it supports it. “Now with Google Play™
Millions of apps, games, movies, songs & more are available on Google Play on NOOK HD. Now you can get the best in reading and the best Android entertainment-all right at your fingertips.”

I answered my own question before I asked it…

How do I load my own .PDF files onto the Nook?

Amazon reviews (4.2 out of 5) of current HD version:

http://www.amazon.com/NOOK-HD-7-8GB-Tablet/dp/1400698987

I’ve got the 16GB version of this tablet, as well as the larger 32GB HD+ and they are GREAT tablets. While they don’t have a camera like the Galaxy Tabs, these are great multimedia android tablets. It’s expandable with microSDHC cards, making it incredibly easy to get things on and play/read anything you want (as opposed to my #@&%! ipad that requires %#@! itunes).

This is one of those tech purchases that will have legs for many years to come (as opposed to my ipad 1 :confused: ).

Does anyone know if there is a keyboard/case that will work with this?

How well does this run Android games?

I have the original Nook Color but I’m thinking of upgrading.

He’s correct, the link goes to the ‘Tablet’ which is what B&N called the model prior to the HD ones.

I’ve had both, and the Tablet didn’t support Google Play when the HD models got it. This was true very recently, so unless it changed recently the ‘Tablet’ doesn’t have Google Play.

That said, I also have a Nook HD, and it’s a great device. It has its quirks, and the almost certain failing of B&N is unfortunate. But it’s a purchase I would recommend to a friend.

They recently released Cyanogenmod 10.1 for this so you can completely blitz the Nook-ified Android and replace with standard Android.

I did it to mine, works great.