Noontec 10,000 mAh Lithium Polymer Battery Packs

Doesn’t appear to be a good alternative to the Anker 10,000 mAh battery which is slightly cheaper (unless you’ve unlocked free shipping) and has higher output amperage (faster charge). Can be acquired from Woot’s Greek-female-warrior-inspired overlord.

I normally don’t pick on Woot sales, but the Anker has good reviews and a friend of mine has one and likes it.

One of the outputs is a 2.1A.

A buddy at work picked up a 30000mAh the other day for 20 dollars on ebay. It also had a 2.1 mAh port.

At what point does it stop being a portable battery pack and become a small vehicle battery?

LOL,

When they go up to 12 volts!

Actually I made a large pack from 8 C cells and a buck processor each four cells in series for 6 volts; apparently that runs about 15,600 mAh for alkalines, and 9,000 mAh for NiMH batteries. Of course, it weights a ton…

I am debating between one of these and the Anker equivalent (or the 13000mAh version). Without one, my Ingress time gets very limited

This has already been vetted by 300 people, has a 2 amp port, and is priced the same.

http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower®-Dynamo-On--RP-PB07-10400mAh-originally/dp/B009V5X1CE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372494879&sr=8-1&keywords=Noontec+10%2C000

Funny everytime I see something like this pop up on woot I MUST check it simply for my own morbid curiosity.

Anyways, I bought one of those RAV’s and so far its been holding up to what I have personally tested in external mAh battery life to not be a fake and hold its true market advertised capacity.

Oh yea, but I didnt buy it on eBay AND I still paid less than half of this cost for a brand new one.

PS - 10k mAh in your pocket is great when ur out camping and everyone is dyeing for a digital fix or a camera recharge :wink:

cheers!

"About Noontec

Noontec stands alongside such peers as Nokia, Nintendo, and Nikon in an alphabetical list of every tech company in the world."

Nikon is an optical company. Nippon Kōgaku Kōgyō Kabushikigaisha (日本光学工業株式会社 “Japan Optical Industries Corporation”

And…?

If you go to the Noontec website, it appears that they are out of the battery pack business.

The Amazon link above doesn’t go to the same product as is being offered by Woot. This is the Amazon link for the Woot product:
http://www.amazon.com/Noontec-000mAh-Mobile-iPhone-Tablets/dp/B00CAX628O
Based on the descriptions, the woot product seems to have more electronics protection.

So it is a little more limited than the Astro 3E.

Isn’t this just a 0.01 kAh battery pack? Heck, this isn’t even any better than a 0.00001 MegaAmpHour battery.

Anybody who puts four zeros in front of a “milli” prefix should be forced to write all the SI prefixes 1000 times. Or one million millitimes.

Either that, or go all out and call it a 10,000,000,000,000 pAh battery. If you’re going to abuse units to add zeros, why stop at four.

Yeah I fell for that too. It’s no where near rated capacity. Still a deal for 20 bucks though.

Unless my math is off, this looks to be very competitive with NiMH batteries. It has the capacity of 16 AA cells for slightly less money.

So is this a “rechargable” battery pack, or a one time use? Nothing seems to indicate what happens when the battery pack is fully discharged.

Recent personal experience has taught me that one needs to be very careful about the output on these - A faster charge to Li batteries is not necessarily a good thing - if it’s jammin’ in there it can become too warm and expand (inside your device.)
Maybe the rock I live under doesn’t get much sun, but this ‘known issue’ was news to me when I had to get a new battery and luckily not a new phone.

Bought 3 of these. So far, these do not charge two items at once like they show on their website. It’s either ipad or iphone but both at once shuts the thing down (assuming it gets too hot, but this is a guess). Otherwise, it does charge.