Nordic Ware 12" Sauté Pan

I have a semi-serious kitchen. We cook almost every day and since I received this pan at the last woot for $8 more than it’s for sale now, I have used it perhaps 10 times and I don’t think it’s anywhere near garbage. I’ve looked at all sorts of pans like this at all quality ranges and with all the flavors of nonstick surfaces and this one ranks toward the top of the list.

It’s really a great deal at $23 including shipping. If a kitchen needed more than one of these, I’d get another one for sure. I’m a stocker-upper kind of guy and these do have a lifetime warranty, but really, how many 12" saute pans does a kitchen need.

I wish they offered one in 10" or 8" or better yet, a set of 10" and 8" for $30, I’d get it for sure.

It’s an incredible deal. I think this pan is going to last a long time. I have sauteed all sorts of vegetables, made sauces, scrambled eggs in it already. All came out perfectly and the nonstick was easy wipe cleanable.

I cooked some okra out of my garden in there and okra can do a number on a pan with all the goo that comes out. This one was totally fine. I have other magnalite aluminum alloy pans and eggs totally destroy those pans. This one is a breeze to cook and clean in.

Seriously, I want a set of 8" and 10" and maybe even a 6" to replace the other crappy ones I got years ago. This pan should last me a decade or more if I care for it at the same level as I have cared for the other cheapos.

This is a good pan. You will not be sorry if you get this pan at $23 delivered. I’m very happy with my purchase and I got it for $30 delivered right here on woot.

Does anyone know what the coating is?

The 3 pan set is not the one I’m referring to. The ones I’m talking about are the NSF-certified 2-pan package, which makes all the difference. It’s a night-and-day quality shift between the two.

(On a side note, you shouldn’t be using a plastic spatula in the first place. Either silicone or bamboo would be both better for you and the cookware.)

It looks to me like you put the hot pan in cold water, perfect way to warp a good - or bad for that matter - pan.

It never ceases to amaze me when all the “professionals” come out of the kitchen with a WOOT pot, pan, or knife sale.

Listen…

What really matters in the kitchen is what’s comfortable for you. I am a professional chef (and a pretty good one at that) and I use a 10 inch nonstick pan like this almost daily at home. It’s a great all-around sautéing pan, but I caution using it at high temperatures. High temperature cooking with this pan or any nonstick pan will result in degradation of the nonstick coating and possibly pan warping - because most nonstick pans are made out of aluminum. another important thing to remember when using a nonstick pan is to never use metal utensils on the surface and avoid wooden utensils as much as possible. Always use a rubber spatula or Teflon type. Never scrub it with any abrasive as these pans are usually easy to clean with a towel after use. A pan like this should last for five years or more with the proper care at medium use.

This is a great deal at 20-some bucks. As a previous poster stated if I didn’t already have one of these pans I would buy this one. NordicWare is a good brand.

Now that I think about it, this is such a great deal that I just might buy one and stash it somewhere…

Ditto that. I have a fine set of cookware, and I currently cook eggs in various saute pans, but it would be nice now and then to have a non-stick pan for them.

Thanks for this. My brother-in-law is a chef (darned good, as well), and I was thinking about getting one of these to give him as a backup to one that’s nearing end-of-life status. You’ve convinced me. In for two (one for me, one for the BIL).

i received this pan today and it came with a free gift!

a huge dent in the side :frowning:

was just thrown in a box with a piece of brown paper.

Mine arrived dented too - it’s off center now, so it’s circular on one side and kind of flattened on the other. There’s about a three or four inch dent in the right side. Thinking it might fit on the stove better this way in that it wont run into the next burner, but it looks awful, and it’s not a full ‘circle’ now … not sure if it will affect cooking or pan’s balance on the stove. I’m on the fence about returning it - the interior surface seems ok and if I return it, I doubt they will be able to send another, but this is VERY disappointing . It either got banged around in shipping – UPS --but it was really poorly packed. Huge box, only wrapped in a strip of brown paper so it was bouncing around in the box. Or… now I’m thinking that maybe this “sellout” was not “new”, as stated, but a bunch of seconds. Hrumph.

Woot??? Any recourse? If not… would Nordicware replace it? Does the warranty apply to damage BEFORE receipt?

i emailed service@woot with a fairly displeased email asking what i should do with the pan, they did not respond but did refund my money.

i guess thats a win? i really wanted the pan lol.

Got mine today-very nice! Arrived in perfect shape and pan is heavier weight than expected for the price.

thanks for the suggestion … i just dropped them a note … and also snapped a few pictures of the dent, in case they need confirmation of the damage. Really poor packing seems to be the culprit. UPS is always brutal … they need to account for that. Too bad… the pan is nice… nonstick seems great… but it wont sit flat on the stove so no handsfree cooking with this one!

I’m sorry for the problems. Usually when we sell a product on Sellout, we’re down to the last remaining stock which means we don’t have replacements to offer. :frowning:

What, no Woot love for me and my bent pan?

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/GvMoclhavxUP3BY1RnRIwlyWb2Hp5cJ8-kkOKdTM0rA?feat=directlink

Ouchies. I love you and your bent pan. That however, won’t make a pan appear where there are none. :frowning:

You did email service@woot.com, right?

thanks, i needed that!

yep, i did submit a comment via form that supposedly goes to that address, but theyre giving me the silent treatment…probably should have emailed it so i’d have a copy to wave emphatically in the virtual air. d’you think i should wait, or bug them again?

Hmmmm, yeah go ahead and bug them again. Include your order number for faster service.

thanks, Thunderthighs. I did include order number last time – this time I included that, along with a Paypal receipt, a transcript of our discussion, (and a picture of the bent pan). Hard to imagine they wont reply to #2, but then again… we’ll see…

I just replied to your email a few minutes ago, just FYI. :slight_smile:

I checked, and it looks like your initial email didn’t make it through to us for whatever reason. Sorry about that!

Thanks so much! ( For what it’s worth, I submitted my first one using the form on the Woot contact us page, not as a direct email… so maybe that’s why it ended up in the wasteland of lost messages

Really appreciate your taking care of this and very happy to hear you’ve located a replacement pan!