Nordic Ware 12" Sauté Pan

good to see a video … but… they should have marinated the meat --first cut into thinner slices-- and stir fried it til about half cooked, removed it and set it aside… then stirfried the veggies ( hardest ones take longer to cook) , then added back meat and add some kind of spices and/or flavoring sauce at the end. this just steamed the big chunks of meat. yuk. " for dummies" indeed! This brown meat and add veggies approach might have worked if they were making beef stew , but not “stir fry”. our pan can do better! Consider the sequence when you add ingredients and they will all cook perfectly … throwing everyone into the pool and putting the lid on ( !) … not so much

Does this cook eggs well?

Tell your medical professional wife that us restaurant professionals don’t insist on using gardening shovels when making incisions, and that she should stop using metal utensils on her non-stick pans. They will last longer.

I’m not a professional at all, and I just like to wear these as hats.

Sometimes it’s best to keep your opinions to yourself, or at least tone them down a little bit.
I personally don’t use metal utensils, but would like to. I just can’t afford to replace the pans so frequently. :slight_smile:
I’m sure she’s aware of the risk she is taking using metal on her non-stick cookware. Apparently, she uses them gently, for the non-stick surface to last as long as it does under those conditions.

Is there another way to pronounce saute? Is that the joke? Maybe that’s the joke. I don’t get the joke. What’s the other way to pronounce saute?

Well, first off your saying it wrong. It is pronounced sauté.

Lol.

See my comments earlier on Cast Iron.

YOU CAN FIX IT! Try that with teflon. Also, your kid’s grandkids will get to use them, too.

And, cast iron is CHEAPER.

steve

Here’s a Trip Report in case they sell this again:

Really like this pan. Got it yesterday, cooked squash and shrimp scampi in it last night.

I guess I don’t know what 12" inches is (har har) because it was huge. I think it has a 12" base and flares out and up to make for a huge volume. I feel like I could make an entire stew in this one pan.

The teflon is great, the construction of the aluminum is great. The only complaint I have is that the silicone grip only covers about half the handle, and I find myself choking way up on the handle to balance the weight of the pan, which puts my grip off of the silicone.

We appreciate you coming back with the review!

So I got mine Monday and the side was bent/dented. I emailed RMA@woot on Tues morning, but haven’t heard back yet. How long do they usually take to get back on these things?

Normally 24-48 hours but they’re a bit shorthanded this week. Go ahead and email them again just in case your original one got gobbled up by the spam monster.