Nordic Ware Cute Cupcake Pan

I’ve read a lot of reviews on this in the past and if you’re looking for a giant cupcake maker, the general consensus is that this one is better than the silicone types. Cute, but no room in my cupboards for it.

I don’t get it. Both halves are cake? Who would want all that cake?

If the $5 shipping wasn’t part of the deal…idk…who would spend that much for a cake pan that serves 4 people? It’s something I’d use once (maybe) and then it would just be a space hog. Moving on…

Picking this up as part of a housewarming gift.

You ice the top piece of cake. It’s just giving the cupcake cake form. I for one wouldn’t want that much icing.

Got this on a recent Home.Woot offering. It’s high quality, typical Nordic. The best idea I heard for this is to cook a meatloaf in one side and mashed 'taters in the other, then put 'em together with gravy icing…yum.

That sounds… effing incredible.

I have a recipe for bacon icing … in for one now.

My wife, apparently. She absolutely hates icing and always scrapes it off, giving it to me, and only eats the cake.

Works out perfectly for me because apparently licking the icing off guest’s cupcakes is considered rude at other people’s homes.

Well, I’m sold. (That’s horrifically wondrous.)

Bacon icing? Do share!

i bought this last time. I would say it really serves more than four people. I bought three of them, i will probably give one away and use both of the others with my larger cake recipes. It is well made and beautiful, and i have a cream cheese pound cake recipe that only needs a dusting of powdered sugar for decoration, or no icing at all. YUM!

Was so gonna pass on this til I read the comments. In for two. Well played, Wooters, well played…

How large does a cupcake have to get before it stops being a cupcake and just becomes a cake?

It’s very versatile. Make two different flavors, one top, one bottom. Or you can use them as separate cakes. The swirly part works as just a small cake for a couple.The cupcake bottom stood upside down gives you a small inset area that would be a great place for fruit or a filling. I’m thinking yellow cake with a filling of chocolate ganache and strawberries. Yum! In for one!

Lol. My sentiments as well. :slight_smile:

I saw these at my local Wally World, but didn’t look at the price. They’re $33.99 on the Wal-Mart web site. Good deal if you’re in the market for one. (As others have said, they are quite sturdy, and odds are with reasonable care they will last a few lifetimes.)

I asked my wife if she knew what this was, she said, “Oh! I always wondered what people used to make those huge cupcakes.”

In for one, I love my wife.

Bought one last time but haven’t had a chance to use it yet. For those of you who aren’t quite sure of the scale and/or who work better with numbers, the receptacle for the bottom part of the cupcake is just about 5.5" in diameter at the top of the ‘cake’ part and the ‘frosting’ section is 6" in diameter (where it would connect with the ‘cake’ section). It looks kind of small, but I’m thinking it’s just deceptively so.

So there I am over at regular woot waiting for a steam mop while 3 went by on this home.woot sonufa…