not back yet

So I come screaming along a curve since we’re in free gear zone and thrashing the cycles, and the road smacks my boot. I have time to think “what the?” as I realize that I had tilted the bike in the turn and scraped the peg and boot on the tarmac - I straighten outta the turn and I’m in the final phase of the “What the” and the instructor shouts “Great lean in that turn!”

See, I was supposed to be learning the lean, but leaned without thinking about it, and scraped my boot.

//file under “Stop thinking about the manual, and just ride”

P.S. I passed the course and written, all is left is the state test on Tuesday.

So now when you disappear we can really worry!

Have fun DM…bikes are great but I’ve also taken a couple of side trips using the peg and my hip as the primary contact points with the road…can’t say I liked it.

When I was about 9 years old, I had ridden my bike to the library, about 2.5 miles from home. I went in the drug store, and as I came out to go across the parking lot to the library, a guy crashed his motorcycle literally at my feet. He laid it down on its side, and was flung across the top of it. He left his leg underneath it. I was scarred for life, and will never be found atop one of those things. I don’t know what happened to the guy, but losing a leg is pretty serious, though haveing it ripped off probably gives him a better survival chance than a clean cut, as the blood vessels will shut off flow a lot better.

I’ve seen at least 2 other motorcycles just crash at high speed in my life. Terrifying.

Good luck man, too scary for me!

I have to agree with Josephus on this one…one of my friends from HS lost his leg in an accident on a motorcycle. Even if you are really good and really careful, there are a lot of stupid drivers out there and you’re at their mercy.
That being said, hubby rode a Harley for years…finally sold it a few years ago because he was tired of it.

I’ve lost two good friends and almost lost a brother in motorcycle accidents - all caused by inattentive motorists . . .

I’m not opposed to bikes . . . just not my cup of tea . . .

Man, when I was a kid, like my best friend’s big brother had a motorcycle and they lived like a block from this train crossing, you know. Well, one day his brother, who was like this major hesher, was like doin’ wheelies up and down the street and over the tracks and the whole time, he was like singin’ “Breakin’ The Law” at the top of his lungs. Well he was like gettin’ ready to jump the tracks for like the 10th time and we heard the train coming and all, so we ran down the track and like started throwing rocks, like, at it. The train drivin’ dude started yellin’ at us, but we just laughed and like flipped him the bird. It rocked. Huh, huh. Yeah.

groovy

Hey! I finally got the coveted “M” designation on the DL…

Might of ended up with a girlfriend too…

(why am I paranoid?)

What do you mean “might”? Does one sometimes come with the “M” designation?

Congratulations on both accounts???

Don’t suppose you want to elaborate on the juicy girlfriend part of the story?

That was a quck fly-by.

Hi DM, bye DM!

tag I’m it?

One of the ladies in the class had some confidence problems in the riding, in the resulting interaction - I felt that little something something that signals that little change of travel.

Most times that course ends up with me slamming into a brick wall and hating people, but maybe the 7 th time is the charm?

Who am I kidding? It’ll end up like all the rest - and then I’ll have to take it out on all the rest of you humans.

Hmmm - on second thought… that’s a win-win scenario in the grand scheme of things…

Transfer some of that over abundance of lemming self-confidence into a human relationship.

Edit: Does she like to cook?

Dunno, but she’s off balance because I can hold my own in a conversation.

Ah, she’s intelligent. That helps. Usually. In the long run.

Are you doing this on the motercycle? That could be dangerous!

That’s usually one of the prerequisites for the course change.

My ears don’t perk up unless the mind is agile. My downfall is I’m a sucker for the “victims” - most often the “victims” are by choice - and that leads to that brick wall mentioned earlier.