NOT going to give you another card# for purchase!

Woot doesn’t own the Amazon checkout part. The log-in/log-out thing is a pest for sure.

1 Like

I’ve done that several times - it has the highest odds so far of breaking thru, but even that doesn’t always work.

That’s why I’m thinking there should be something clickable to throw everything up in the air, so it can come down in some “default” setup.

1 Like

Thank you, by the way…

1 Like

I keep my payment info up to date on both accounts. Sometimes I’ll get it where I’m logged in with Amazon, but it pulls up my woot payment info. It’s nuts.

2 Likes

Oh! And if it charged shipping and you’ve got prime tell CS and they’ll refund the shipping. Explain its an item that sells in seconds.

2 Likes

If on a normal day having my Woot! account set up for payments results in an order losing free shipping, it isn’t worth setting it up to be a “broken option” the process MIGHT try to use…

What is it you’re trying to get? When I’m trying to get a BOC I usually log out/log in frequently to keep the token fresh. I use the Woot login because BOC shipping is always free, it’s faster and I only have 1 address and credit card on the account so checkout goes smoother too.

When I’m trying to get something else I usually try to stay logged in the same way but with Amazon.

Just my two cents. Best wishes.

2 Likes

I didn’t understand. Sorry. What’s a broken option?

Also, I agree with the frustration of checkout not going well… It cost me a $1 WTF drone a few months ago, and that was hard to swallow. But at the same time, I’ve also gotten a ton of great deals since then and we never have to do captcha, so there’s that.

Did you find the $0.17 shirt thread?

You have the same time-limits in a Woot-off as for a random BoC purchase. These problems may just be the Universe trying to boost/grow my self-discipline, but I’d like the Universe to get out of my way and stop “helping”, in a peaceful, appreciative way, you understand (don’t stop giving me parking spaces, pretty please…)

1 Like

No, haven’t found that shirt thread – but I don’t have good luck buying clothing online, either. But tell me more, it might work out…

1 Like

top20icon
17-Cent Shirts : 17-cent shirts? You heard us! All week long at 5:17 pm CT . NOW at 6:17pm CT to hopefully not crash the site!

1 Like

“Broken option” will be if “the system” thinks it can use either account, and I have to deal with customer service for a shipping-cost refund.

Ahhh gotcha.

Yeah. I’m sure they’ll fix it someday.

Oh. Oh Woot tshirts are good.

I’m not quick with the gifs, but visualize
“Violet, you’re turning VIOLET!” as me, holding my breath while waiting for that fix…

1 Like

I said “someday” lol.

1 Like

Here’s the thread:
17-Cent Shirts : 17-cent shirts? You heard us! All week long at 5:17 pm CT . NOW at 6:17pm CT to hopefully not crash the site!

Here are some tips based on what’s worked for me:

• Set an alarm and log out/log in 4 or 5 minutes before 6:17 pm CT
  • Copy “17cents” into your copy/paste clipboard
  • Look in post 1 of the thread about 6:15 - a link will show up in a few places in that first post of the thread just a minute or 2 ahead of 6:17
  • Click the link to see the sale. Pick out a shirt and put it in your cart
  • Go to checkout ahead of 6:17 if possible
  • Paste “17cents” in the coupon field a few seconds after 6:17 and click purchase.
2 Likes

Wow, methodical and coherent.
Much appreciated!

2 Likes

He did good.

1 Like