Note: I fell for a dumb scam. Nothing to do with Woot.

New here, and I had a very disturbing interaction. I wanted to return a phone and was told to contact support@woot.com. There was an almost comical AI interaction–“Why did you contact me?” “I’m returning a phone and it said to contact you.” “Who did it say to contact?” “Support@woot.com.” And so on, until the bot finally told me that for a dollar, she’d connect me to Expert Squad. Expert squad had no useful information, but they did charge–not a dollar–but twenty-nine dollars.

Update: My apologies. I got scammed by a deceptive link in Google. The first option for Woot was a link that said:

Woot Com Customer Service - 24/7 Expert Assistance

Turns out it was not affiliated with Woot at all. Very deceptive, but I should have known better.

6 Likes

Never heard of that happening before.

1 Like

Um…

Where did you have this AI interaction?

1 Like

Ruh roh!

Nft Lizard GIF

You’re supposed to initially email customer support through the account you purchased the item from through the customer support portal. You can reply using your email client.

It goes something like this.
Navigate to the support menu.
Define your issue.
Choose the item if you’re doing a return.
Do a self-return if possible.
If not possible, send the email and wait 24-48 hours for a response. It should come from info@woot.com

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

2 Likes

Awww crap. My fault entirely. Typing “support@woot.com” took me to a google search page with a scammy sponsored result:

But it’s actually a link to expertsquad. Nothing to do with Woot.

1 Like

My apologies. I got scammed by a deceptive link in Google. The first option for “support@woot.com” was a link that said:

Turns out it was not affiliated with Woot at all. Very deceptive, but I should have known better.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s a bummer. Froody notified staff, but I’m not sure if there’s anything they can do about the scammy stuff.

I really don’t know how that works.