NUTRICHEF Immersion Circulator Cooker-You Pick

How do these compare to models from Anova?

Amazon has this for the same price (with Prime).
https://www.amazon.com/NutriChef-Precision-Immersion-Circulator-Stainless/dp/B01L7TOZKS

For me there is a “Special Offer” that says it will be $69.99 if I reload a gift card.

1. With prime
  2. With spending $100 on gift card balance.

YMMV if that’s a better set of terms than this.

Just received and works great

How is this used? What other utensils/supplies will I need to use this device?

It looks like it is for cooking “food in bags immersed in precise temperature water.” I have heard of using that technique with meats (steak) to get a consistent temp for rare/medium/well throughout the meat. Is that what this is?

If so, how large a cut of meat can this device cook, provided I have a pot that will contain the roast and adequate water.

I have a sous vide and I have to say, it is the BEST!!!

Lots of people will tell you that you need a vacuum sealer system, but my bf and I just use ziploc bags and we place a dish over them in the water so the stay at the bottom.

This device is great for chicken, fish, and steak. I haven’t made pork with it, but that’s cause I’m not a big fan of pork.

The cooking process is very different from what you may be used to. I recommend this article to learn more about how this cooking method can improve your dinners. Article here.

While this article tries to sell you on all the extras (a container for the water bath, and a fancy vacuum sealer) I promise that all you really need is a big pot and some baggies. (If you have a vacuum sealer though it is pretty nice to cook with)