O R’lyeh?

White whale, holy grail?
Who knew that Captain Ahab fought Cthulhu also?

Congrats Drakxxx AND CD! ^.^ Glad to see you print (still want Alice in Chains though!!!).

Octopi are very smart. One of my Biology Profs had one in college and he videotaped it climbing out of its tank, crawling across the hall into his roommates room, climbing into his fish tank, eating a fish, then walking all the way back to its own tank. He showed it to us in class, it was unreal.

I must say, Ahab doesn’t stand a chance. If I may:
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Cthulhu Fhtagn, Cthulhu FTW

Yeah, it turns out he survived Moby after all and went on to bigger and better baddies.

EDIT: “Moby Homeskillet” made me laugh.

This design is fantastic- my first buy on this site!

Nice design.

Can’t believe how awesome this design is, great work!

Grats on the print! A slightly late birthday present to Drak perhaps? Well maybe he can use the money to buy him something he didn’t get for his birthday.

I have to agree with the many, many comments on here from quite a few of the highly respected artists and members of this site when they say that this is really a step above in design and execution. I can only hope Adder is right and this becomes a strong seller amongst the reckoning for months to come.

You two have some great talent that only seems to be enhanced when you work together. I hope the future takes you both beyond simple t-shirt contests and onto much greater things!

I really thought my April Fool’s Day coupon would last longer than this. But I have basically made a vow to buy any Cthulhu t-shirt, and this one has the added advantage of being absolutely beautiful, so I guess I’m stuck. Lest I incur the wrath of, well, obviously Cthulhu himself, but also any of the other Old Ones. You don’t want to mess with Nyarlathotep or He Who Must Not Be Named…

Awesome shirt, too bad I am broke. Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.

I would like to see this video. I don’t know how, I don’t know when, but that doesn’t matter.

I’ve always thought (well, since I learned about how smart octopodes, squid and cuttlefish are) that it was amazingly cool that Lovecraft chose a kind of animal as the basis of his alien life form/god that probably could take over the world and destroy us all eventually. I mean, how did he know?

Ya R’lyeh!

This is the first shirt I’ve bought in a very, very long time.

Sexy shirt, love it! :wink:

Eben Brooks , always appropriate when talking about Cthulhu

EDIT: bah my avatar is really bad :frowning:

Definitely in for one. :slight_smile:

Congratulations Drakxxx and CrescentDebris!

For a second I thought today’s shirt was of a giant scrotum with tentacles and creepy blue eyes.

Very cool, I am getting one. Lovecraft is one of my favorites.

Just to clarify: I highly doubt this will be a strong SELLER for months to come. This is a site that still buys Chuck Norris jokes. Art is almost never rewarded with longevity. However, based on pure quality and printworthiness, this’ll be top 5. I’d love to be proven wrong… any year where woot prints five designs more competent and wearable and overall appealing than this would be an amazing one, and the designers certainly deserve a longer life on the charts than most anything on it now. But I’m only postulating based on quality. Someone has to, and it ain’t gonna be the average user here.