Oberon 2006 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon Hillside Reserve 1.5L Magnum

Oberon 2006 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon Hillside Reserve 1.5L Magnum
$99.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT: 1 Oberon 2006 Hillside Reserve, Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, 1.5 L Magnum
CT link above

Winery website

I want a link. Getting slow?

The Mondavi’s are back !!

still cellaring five bottles of Mondavi Emblem from their last wine.woot.

I really don’t like this stuff. But if you like typical Napa fruit bombs, you’ll love it.

Wine searcher - 2007 $200 and 2008 $150 - no 2006

this is not considered a black tie?

I was just about to post the same question. It’s strange that certain “expensive” wines get the classification, and yet others do not.

Winesearcher also has the 750s at three stores, $26, $58, and $40. Sucker for the 1.5s, and really tempted, but the price is going to hold me back I think.

What is black tie? I’ve seen the logo, but wasn’t sure what it meant…just wondering. Thanks.

Kind of like navy blue tie…

I have had a 1999 Mondavi Reserve Cab, it was FANTASTIC.

I also had a 1985 Mondavi Cab with dinner earlier this year, a whopping 12.4% alcohol. Those were the days!

I have an article written in 1972 by Trader Vic, he’s talking about this “new guy” who might do well, Bob Mondavi!

Maybe not black tie because it is a Magnum…

http://www.amazinggrapeswinestore.com/product/14028/

unless i’m confused, you can get 3 750s for about the same price (3x $34.98) as this 1500.

doesn’t seem all that wooty to me.

still makes no sense. this is $50 a bottle equivalent and Wellington Victory is $30 on woot, but still a black tie. Mind you the Wellington’s 100x better than this crap, but that’s immaterial to the price question.

What is the advantage to Black Tie?

One of the two CT reviews for this says it’s sleek & seamless, not fat and flabby. I wonder whetherWalt Frazier posts to CT?

The Woot tracker I use has not budged from 100% available. Gonna be a long night.

Great info my friend.
I almost jumped on this.

But here you get 2x 750ml in ONE bottle! Ah the advantages!!
You get to open only one bottle (less cork usage!)
You have to finish the whole bottle (more wine to drink!)
You get to pay more for the wine ! (What a deal!?!?!)

Given the speed everything is selling off of woot today, I would guess someone for got to put in the discount pricing on all the stuff being posted… sigh….

Lol. I like the dark humour. But is there any REAL advantages to buying this from woot? Or are we getting shafted by paying 30 bucks more for a magnum?