Oberon Hillside Reserve Cab Sauvignon (2)

Oberon Hillside Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2-Pack
$69.99 $162.00 57% off List Price
2008 Oberon Hillside Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley
CT link above

Winery website

Well… despite my reluctance to buy any wine from wine.woot after you sent me a bunch of spoiled crap and didn’t give a crap about it when I mentioned it to your customer support, I actually tried to buy this.

Even though I think my amazon account was already linked to woot, this is what I got:

“We’re sorry, but there’s a problem processing your payment from this website. Please contact the seller for assistance.”

I can take a hint. I’ll shop elsewhere. You guys really know how to treat a long time loyal customer…

[MOD: You were refunded for the wine order in May 2014.]

MOD is correct. I added a post and an apology (and an order).

I’m getting the same error. Fine, don’t take my money!

We were aware of some potential issues this morning with the checkout system.

After contacting Woot Staff the issue should have been corrected.

Please attempt the procedure again as it should be functioning.

We apologize for the hiccup and any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Can anyone comment on the Oberon Cab? I have not tasted it.

Was rated a 90 at wine-dot-com, and offered at $20 per bottle. Was sold out though.

I only saw the 2006 vintage there and it was $34 per bottle but sold out. Are you sure you weren’t looking at a non-reserve cab for $20?

Wow. Just, wow. I’m about to think this is the best case study in how not to handle publicly viewable customer service, ever. Really shocking given the tone Amazon sets.

This is (at least) the second day you’ve had a non-functioning offer out of the gates. You’re a deal-a-day website and you’re asking people to come back and try to purchase later…and you’re doing it in a robotic toned forum message without any coupon, discount, addressing the customers directly, or acknowledging their loyalty? You get there’s no way that doesn’t translate into losing some sales, right?

This after implementing a change that nearly all of your customers thought was somewhere between neutral to negative? There’s this crazy thing we teach in computer programming courses…it’s called testing before releasing changes. I’d really think the change process would be a little more rigorous in a site this mature and owned by Amazon.

Well, my first comment on Woot. Tried to order and received an error that the wine cannot be shipped to Missouri, even though the Oberon site indicates that they ship to Missouri. Go figure…

My bad

http://m.wine.com/catalog/details?productid=108329

I am confused if I click “Buy Now” it no longer goes into my cart?!?
Monkeys tell me I am pushing around an empty cart!
Do I have to now log on with Amazon- what if I don’t have an Amazon account…weird?
Is that the problem or broken check out process.

Your link is for the regular cab, not the Hillside Reserve being offered here.

I also rec’d the “cannot ship to your state”. No worries, I will try again later. Technology is great, but not 100% immune from error. Instead of griping about it, think about how great that wine is going to taste once it shows up!

Skol! from Minnesota.

Jeff

Howdy all. Remember to check the wine ship-to list for EACH sale. They will vary from winery to winery as they must be licensed in your state.

You’ll find this list at the bottom of the sales detail page next to Rules & Restrictions.

Today’s list is:

Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators, wine may only be delivered to the following states:

California, Colorado, Connecticut, District Of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Washington, Wyoming

Hi there. Sorry for the frustration. The problem actually isn’t on our end. It’s the other side (Amazon) that’s causing some problems with them not recognizing a set-up vendor. We’re working through these issues and it will get better over time. Please bear with us.

Looks like Oberon is bringing out infrequent shoppers. Missouri and Minnesota have been off the ship to list for one year now.

Wait, you’re the one person in the US without an Amazon account? (just kidding)

Yes, we’ve changed our check out procedure for wine as it’s a different beast from our other products and has special laws in place state by state.

I know it’s a change and a hassle for some but give it a go. Try it, you may like it.

Oh, and you can read all about it here.

Announcement blog

ah, the old days when we (GA in my case) weren’t discriminated against.

My last winewoot purchase - remember it fondly - was during a woot off on August 23, 2013. 2009 Twisted Vine Zin - Really excellent juice.

http://wine.woot.com/offers/twisted-vine-zinfandel-4-5

hopefully one day i’ll get the opportunity here at woot again. I enjoy the community (recent amazon payment topic hijack being an exception). I’ve had to switch my couple hundred bottle a year habit to other sites.

To those who can - Enjoy the Oberon - Haven’t had this vintage, but looks outstanding.

Well I finally placed an order the most convoluted, longest process ever to order something, it gave me the feeling Amazon is the new big brother.