Oberon Hillside Reserve Cab Sauvignon (2)

To MOD: Thank you for pointing this out. I checked my credit card statement and see that you are correct. This is the email interaction that led me to believe otherwise:

Dear Woot,
2 of the 3 bottles were bad. The 2002 was vinegar, and the 2004 was probably badly corked. The 2003 was ok. Can you please address this?
Thanks,
xxxx xxxx

Hello shahnm,
Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.
I apologize for the defective/damaged item you received. Unfortunately, we do not have any units available for replacement orders. Please follow the instructions below for returning the item to us. Once received, a refund will be issued within 7-10 business days:
Woot Member Services,
Rich

How do I return bad wine? The bad bottles were dumped and discarded.
Thank you,
xxxx xxxx

I never received a reply to my last question, and woot never sent any info regarding the refund. I apologize for missing it and my subsequent angst, but the communication was a bit lacking…

Still, I owe woot an apology, and to make it up to you, I’m going to order some of this wine (if the system lets me this time…).

Must have been a new person because we don’t ask you to return wine to my knowledge.

And woohoo, glad you’re ordering!

a note to all readers/posters -

a poster earlier today called everyone spoiled whiners in this thread. That post was removed.

Same poster then later replied to a specific post and called the poster a big whiner (may have been something slightly more colorful, but if so not much more).

I replied to the second post, noting that the first had been removed - nothing more.

All three posts were removed.

The first two were negative, agreed, but not egregiously so. IMHO they should have been left, and predominantly ignored.

Which is precisely what I would have done had the first not been removed.

Now I take umbrage at my post being removed. at worst, if the original poster was ‘bad’ then the part where their post was shown in my reply should have stated “post removed” or the like.

Big brother is seemingly getting a little too controlling.

You can call the mods what you like but they do a pretty good job removing posts and follow ups that delve into personal attacks. Also, keep in mind woot owns these forums, you are using the space with their permission and you signed away your right to post whatever you want when you signed up for an account. So chill out. All this will probably be deleted and I am perfectly ok with that.

+1

+2. I’m not one for heavy-handed moderating, but I can get behind this. The above doesn’t seem heavy-handed, just standard procedure.

I honestly can’t believe the backlash Woot is receiving from changing payment methods. Although I understand some individuals are having issues checking out with the new system, I had zero problems checking out via Amazon Payments for my Wellington purchase yesterday.

On a positive note, I don’t have to pay Florida sales tax on my Wine.Woot purchases because, although Amazon now has a presence in my state, this winery does not. Additionally, using Amazon Payments gives me a third tier of purchase protection. I now have possible recourse through 1) my credit card company, 2) Woot, and 3) Amazon A-to-Z Guarantee.

I can definitely see several legal questions for Woot that brought about this change, as well as several business reasons. I don’t fault Woot for either.

I empathize with those of you who missed out on a fantastic wine yesterday or today because of technical issues. However, I’m sure we can assume Woot is working as hard as possible to get it fixed - after all, every order that fails is revenue that Woot doesn’t earn. Hopefully Woot will list the Wellington again in a month or so to make up for it and I can grab another order =)

Disclaimer: I don’t work for or have any affiliation with Woot and I don’t buy a ton of stuff off Woot - the last time I bought wine off here was over a year ago.

Nice post, just FYI the a-z guarantee does not apply to wine woot per the FAQ.

I’m really just wondering if this wine is any good.

Bless you. Yea, Folio (parent company) is a great go to for value.

This is a very good value, IMO.

Is there a link that explains this “New” payment system? what was wrong with the “old” system? why fix something that aint broke?
thanks

Sorry for the late reply:

Here is a blog post with some info: http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5969232

TT and WD explained this in the Announcement Blog

Basically it boils down to Woot wanting to get in line with the ‘gold standard’ of wine distribution where the winery gets paid directly. The only way to do this is through Amazon Payments.

Some of the other mods also said that it was in the interest of pulling in more wineries and getting more restricted states on board.

The Shipping change was inevitable since the total payment now goes to the winery instead of Woot.

Last Wooter to Woot:knlprez

What the hell, I can’t pass up a good deal. In for 3, and the linking wasn’t so bad. Probably will result in me ordering less wine in the long run, I’m a suckers for adding additional bottles right before checkout :slight_smile:

It’s alL nsa Survieilance

My motto has always been: If it ain’t broke,don’t fix it.
Oh yeah,back to the wine. Any tasting notes?

For the record, my post was a joke, not frustration or a complaint. I love wine but not being able to order it wasn’t the end of the world. I was happy to see the original post since I hadn’t ordered from Woot from awhile & didn’t know if the problem was on my end or theirs. I hope anyone that thought I was “whining,” can understand that my comment was just sarcasm as I think the first post was as well.

Thanks, doesn’t look good :frowning:

I wouldn’t know if its good or not seeing I’ve been waiting weeks for delivery…shipper created FedX has picked up nothing…cant help me either…woot says sorry wait it out…i say wish I never bought…not a good first experience …

Please understand that Wine.Woot wine shipping is usally 2-3 weeks from the sale (often sooner).

Please see the Wine.Woot FAQ page for more information regarding shipment: http://wine.woot.com/faq#q11

If you don’t see any tracking #'s/movement by next week please feel free to use the Support Page and let Woot Member Services know.