Octopus with Bubble Gun Goes PEWPEW

As a kid, I was more partial to “DOUSH! DOUSH! DOUSH!” as my default shooting onomatopoeia. It was some time before I learned what it was that I was actually saying.

This could be misread as “Pewp Ew Pewp Ew!”

Shouldn’t there be eight PEWs? I mean, come on… Octo means eight after all. You know, octagons, octet, octomom…

How does the octopus manage to keep those sunglasses on if it is pewpewing everywhere?

I’ll bet reloading gets interesting.

I’m so excited! I was pulling for this one from the start.

I don’t know if it was a glitch on my computer or not, but the thumbnail never showed up for me. I have a feeling that that may have helped get interest in it.

Shame this isn’t the pew pew South Korean variety, but I bought anyway. Please future woot designers less distress!

Not for me, I’m afraid. Not a fan of the fake-distressing, and the bubble guns look more like yellow coke bottles.

Admittedly pretty disappointed in the way this derby has gone down …

Not for me, I’m afraid. Not a fan of the fake-distressing, and the bubble guns look more like yellow coke bottles.

Admittedly pretty disappointed in the way this derby has gone down …

Considering the flash drive never dropped out of the fog once it got in (and it did so early) I’m afraid it will get second place. Considering how fast Honey Wait reclaimed the fog after its initial rejection there is hope that that got third.

Unfortunately, There’s Something Out There, Catlady, Savage Fantasy, and Capt. 3D will all probably have to wait until the double take derby where they will get ignored for something cutesy from derby 153.

Lagbert I agree mostly with you, but for your own entry - not many people walk around with 3D glasses, so the design is somewhat of a niche.

Han shot first!

I knew this would win, but I just want to point out that “classic” does not mean “destroyed.” I will never for the life of me figure out why people see that they should design something ‘classic’ or ‘vintage’ and then make it look like it was just pulled out of the wreckage of a nuclear blast. CLASSIC, not destroyed. Let’s cut it out with the over-distressing please!

Hmmm, I wish I knew the sound effect for “Awesome!”.

So, because I don’t know it, I’ll make one up:

D’GANGFAH!

I like this one, way to go dude!

I love how he looks like he’s wearing sunglasses. It makes him look badass. You know, with toy guns.

Jayne ain’t a girl. In fact, he’s not even a squid. He’s an octupus. And the Hero of Canton.

I think Pew is onomatopoeic no? Ooh, posh word for the day. Done.

Of all the animals in the whole world, the octopus goes on a shirt saying “pewpew”. +1 creativity point

Pew Pew! I shot one down for myself :slight_smile:

Welcome to shirt.woot.

I think this design is fine, and certainly a lot of fun, but I also have to agree that it’s a bit disappointing to see it take first in such a derby.