Odds & Ends of PC

Would this work as an attachment to my Dish receiver as expanded storage?

Does the 15.6" Core i5 VivoBook Touch Ultrabook 15.6" Core i5 VivoBook Touch Ultrabook
have an Optical Drive? The specs say no but the picture says yes.

I’m guessing now and that the photo is standard vendor art. But I’m checking.

I’ll update this post as soon as I hear back.

UPDATE: no optical drive.

http://sellout.woot.com/offers/lenovo-x1-carbon-14-qhd-touch-ultrabook-1?ref=cnt_wp_3_42

1. Can we get a specific model # for this?

2. Is this actual Windows 7 Pro license or a Windows 8 with a downgrade to 7 installed?

3. Are you sure that the LCD is actually 2560 x 1440 ? I do not think that is correct. My guess is that is more like 1600 x 900 like the other X1 Carbon model in this sale.

4. Is the 128 GB SSD user replaceable, or is it soldered down? Could I pull it and install something larger?

Thanks.

1. No other model number. It was a build-to-order for some other retailer/business.

2. Windows 7 Pro license as noted. We state when it’s a Windows 8 license downgraded to Win 7.

3. We sold it as a daily with the same specs and nobody complained that they go the wrong thing.

4. I have no way of answering that question as we did not get samples.

Thanks. Only issue for me is the SSD, I do not think 128 GB is large enough, and trying to find out on Lenovo site if it is user changeable is not easy, which is why I asked for specific model #.

Update:
Other similar models have custom SSD that can be changed, but you need to buy, use Lenovo parts, not a standard 2.5 inch drive or mSATA card. Another thing I found out, the memory is soldered down, you cannot change it or add to it.

That’s all assuming that the manual I looked at on the Lenovo site is for the model being sold on Woot.

Thank you for looking this up for me (us)

I think something may be amiss here:
15.6" Core i5 VivoBook Touch Ultrabook 15.6" Core i5 VivoBook Touch Ultrabook
In the features it says
“13.3” HD display showcases…"
but Specs say
“Screen Size: 15.6”
I’m I missing something?

Nope, looks like a typo. Sorry.