Office+Style Surge Protector (2 Pack)

Office+Style Surge Protector (2 Pack)

You got me at pink. No, really, I have 2 daughters, who love electronics, and this is perfect for them. Worried from the comments that there may not be a 2-pack as described, but I’m willing to gamble since Amazon always stands behind their stated deal.

I grabbed a few of these from a previous Woot deal, and they work reasonably well. In particular I have one on a kitchen counter outlet where phones, USB batteries and headphones get charged from the USB outlets regularly. Overall I’m glad I got them.

One thing to note is that these don’t properly fit most of the outlets in my house. In my bathroom I’ve had to plug it into the lower outlet and let it hang such that the peg on the bottom is resting against the wall below the outlet plate. This is because GFCI outlets often have a different spacing, to allow for the Test and Reset buttons between them. Higher quality outlet adapters will have some kind of allowance for this e.g. some kind of sliding mount for the lower plug or pin. The plastic pin on this product, intended to engage in the ground of the lower outlet, will either bend and stress the outlet (as in my kitchen) or completely fail to insert (as in my bathroom).

I bought this last time around. The USB ports on one worked and not on the other - go figure - maybe I just got a bad unit. Woot was good about refunding me for the defective unit. Just don’t expect high quality electronics here for the price.