💻 Official WFH thread: Share with us!

Is @davejlives home office the walk-in beer cooler of a closed convenience store?

7 Likes

i have tunneled into a rich neighbor’s wine cellar

14 Likes

I tidied up a bit before I took mine.

18 Likes

Your balloon lamp is cool :blush: I hope that Woot! sells them again!

4 Likes

Still going into the office every day. Precautions have been taken. Sanitizers and wipes. Automatic flushers and faucets have been installed. Previously closed doors are opened so no need to touch the handle. Small meetings being held in the larger conference room. Because I’m contracted in I won’t (at this time) be given a computer to take home (I’ve been there 6 years). My home office is closed and they are WFH. Not sure I could do it. Too many distractions.

The drive has been really nice. Fewer Aholes on the road.

9 Likes

I have a friend who works for the Small Business Administration assessing FEMA aid. He still has to do site visits and such. Lots of companies aren’t really set up for remote workers anyway. The usual disaster plan covers, for example, a particular single site being wiped out by fire or a storm or something.

I don’t think anybody really thought about a scenario where everybody, everywhere, had to stay home. These are very weird times.

9 Likes

I have the cutest coworker; geez, what a distraction!

19 Likes

Coworker? I thought that was the boss!

7 Likes

OK… Can I just say:

12 Likes

I had to do a Zoom meeting for a church tech committee, I didn’t have a suitable green screen, and I wasn’t about to major clean the room, soooooo…

11 Likes

OK people, we covered this. SITUATIONAL AWARENESS

9 Likes

Love it!

Alternatively you could get a pet. Everyone will watch Fluffy instead of judging your mess.

6 Likes

How about some ideal offices?

13 Likes

Ooof, that last pic makes my head hurt.

5 Likes

The ceiling is what bothers me the most. I had to look at it twice to realize the books on the sides are just high-res. wall paper.

3 Likes

Ummm I have to go in to the office to see patients on an emergency basis. But my wife is working from home, and the kids are doing the remote learning thing. So, I come home to THIS today. Ohh, the horror. I’m trying to come up with a snarky CoronaVIrus/Covid-19 comment, but I’m at a loss. I must just be too upset…

The whereabouts of his other hand is still a mystery. :frowning:

7 Likes

5 Likes

Dear Woot!,

Do you offer these in a “hands-free” model? You Do?

esbaylus, the good news is that he can still scream if you perform CPR on him.

(It’s just a flesh wound)

6 Likes

I’ve got to hand it to you, the mystery of the missing hand has me stumped. And I’m a detective! Wait, let’s paws a minute and think about this. It’s a monkey so…

7 Likes