Oh Wines Mixed Pinot Noir

Summer shipping is $7 and it involves wine.woot sending out fridge trucks to your FedEx hub so the wine is refrigerated most of the way. West coasters typically get ice packs instead.

This has not started yet. Look for it in mid June.

How do these compare to Pinot Noirs from Copain and Williams Seleym?

The 2006 Balo is 3.24 and the 2007 SLH is 3.48

Cheers!

Thank you Richard, that is a very generous offer! That’s great customer service, but I would not even consider having a winemaker replace one off bottle two years after purchase :slight_smile: I have some business to close out the second week of June in your area and what I will do is stop by your tasting room and taste/buy some of your wines. And I will pop the other bottle tonight and report back.

Williams Selyem = NFL
Oh! Wines = High School Varsity, Maybe DIII College

I appreciate the different qualities from other AVAs as well as the differences in winemaking styles. I do enjoy the Williams Selyem Pinot. It is something I drink when I’m not drinking mine. Give the Oh Pinots a try. Who knows…it may be your new favorite.

Cheers!

I’ve been wondering about that for a long time. Thanks. Since it’s already hot where I live, I’ll wait till shipping goes to $7 before ordering again. Thanks again.

…Thanks for joining us again Richard. An interesting combo here with a chance to taste two very different Pinot regions: Santa Lucia Highlands versus Anderson Valley, side by side…

that’s non-sense. The Oh wines are major league all the way and the two listed here are home runs :wink: A better analogy might be WS = Babe Ruth and OH = Derrek Lee

Cheers!! Try’em and I’ll bet you’ll agree.

These two wines are better than any Williams Selyem Pinot I’ve ever tasted. Put them side by side and blind taste them against same vintage and AVA. Obviously, “better” is subjective. I’ve found these SLH and Balo/Anderson Valley wines to be deeper, more complex, and every bit as age worthy as WS wines.

…wait…please clarify, Babe Ruth before the move from the Red Sox to the Yankees? Because he was still a pitcher then…

So, if I could only do one woot and lay these down for awhile, when might a projected optimal drinking window appear? If I were flush, and did two woots, what then?

Dan, you are great, but now you are talking in circles. You just said WS=Babe Ruth, one of the best hitters the game of baseball has ever seen, and OH=Derrek Lee, a 1B on the downside of a decent career, but not that much above average for a 1B. That’s like saying WS=Cy Young and OH=Tim Wakefield (or better yet, Jamie Moyer). Then you go on to say that these two wines are better than any WS you have had? So, in summation, D-Lee is better than the Babe?

I used Babe Ruth because everyone in the world has heard of him, even me. And I haven’t followed baseball since the 60’s when me and Willie Mays’ nephew were riding tricycles on the sidewalk in San Francisco together. I used Derrek Lee because I never heard of him, but he’s on the top 100 list of major league baseball home run hitters and is still playing.

Bottom-line - these wines are Grand Slams ; )

…some wines are more like Manny Ramirez… powerful, full of juice and feisty (and then forced into retirement by suspension, but asked to be re-instated and signed to a minor league contract by the Oakland A’s).

The Anderson Valley has more depth and complexity. The tannin structure along with the depth of the character will allow the wine to age nicely. It is, however, ready to drink now. The SLH is more fruity and has a more of an elegance to it. I feel this makes the SLH a “Sexy” wine. It has a long silky finish. I’ve done many pairings with the SLH. It is more versatile which allows it to be paired with fish, chicken, steaks, as well as dark chocolate cakes. Enjoy!

Find a wine that is like George Brett.

A wine that is sturdy, has aged gracefully, and smells like pine tar??

purest hitter in all of baseball in the 80’s.
and had a little power when he needed it (ask Goose Gossage).

I drop in here late and find out that everyone is talking about sexy baseball players that smell like pine tar with a long silky finish…my mind is reeling from the mental images.

I am so confused…