Oil Kings

how about a shirt woot woot-off? would be awesome to have an opportunity to get some of the really old designs. Not gonna happen tho cuz Woot is not cool enough /end trying to bait you into it

The title of the Woot write-up, Nothing Can Stop Me Now I Just Don’t Care, is a line from Piggy by Nine Inch Nails. Nice shot, though.

Should be red ink on a skin-colored shirt.

Lol, true. Good song, by the way.

I was talking about the obvious and got owned by the writeup. I r smrt. SRSLY.

That may actually be the best idea I have seen anybody post in one of these threads.

Seconded, thirded and fourthed.

Congrats but I can’t wear this…

Hah, nice dig at the jokers who day drilling in the ANWR will have any immediate effect on gas prices.

offensive to whom? and inappropriate how?

Yeah, one of my faves from Downward Spiral too. I’m also pretty sure that the pig as symbol for greed predates Animal Farm, but there’s no need to pile on. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was just coming in here to say this. Just the NIN reference alone is enough to almost get me to buy this one. Beautiful design, but I already have a lot of baby blue shirts, even though I strongly agree with the message. I want to buy it, but at the same time I dont think I’d wear it because the subject gets me so incredibly angry. Grats to the artist! :slight_smile:

This statement confused me. The only thing offensive and inappropriate to me is the subject this shirt makes a statement AGAINST. What are you offended by? I’m honestly curious. Can anyone be offended by calling the oil industry the greedy pigs that they are?

Well, I suppose you could be offended if you really love pigs. I mean, it is pretty insulting to pigs. Pigs are pretty cool. When theyre not humans, anyway.

And, um… exactly what color would you consider to be skin? :stuck_out_tongue:

A FUCKING MEN

Ha! :slight_smile:

Congrats on the print, barthesis. It looks great.

oh, yea, guess that works :slight_smile: lol

Well, i would have preferred any other color XD Maybe a navy blue? Is that a option? I dont even know :stuck_out_tongue:

I love the Nine Inch Nails reference in the title. Piggy is a pretty good song and very underrated by people!

Wow, I totally missed this one in the Do-Over. Something about that pig’s face gives me the creeps. But the statement is spot-on.

Props to woot for mentioning overly sensitive muslims in the write-up. You don’t find other businesses that gutsy. That’s the kind of thing that keeps me coming back here day after day.

they only print derby entries on the color suggested in the submission. I wish we could toss up multiple colors or positions in one and submit.

This shirt is really nice, I wish, I WISH, I had my paycheck tonight and not tomorrow. I really want this shirt, I just woke up and came right on to check shirt.woot! out and I instantly knew I wanted this. The design is really creative and nice. BUT I LOVE CLIP ART SO I GUESS YOU CAN SEE WHY (Uh, snide comment to person comparing this to clip art :wink: )

Sorry woot my last comment went off topic, thanks for keeping me in line :wink:
Sometimes I just need to calm down and let you woot mods do your job :wink:

The swan eating water cress…

What book is that a reference to? I read it in junior high but I can’t recall the name. I remember the swan could write and it moved to Boston and did a bunch of other boring junk.