Okidata Digital B4600 Black and White Laser Printer

Isn’t this the printer from OFFICE SPACE?

Price is to high for only BLACK AND WHITE! Never heard of OKIDATA???

O.k. I Data… Isn’t that typing? It should be called Okiprint… LOL

So where did my ‘Oki - ick’ post go to?
I was expressing an opinion. I had an Oki one time. Broke the first week I had it, and the service people held on to it for two months to repair it, but ended up refunding my money.
(My ‘Oki - ick’ post consisted of just that - Oki - ick. Guess because it landed between the Wootbot post and Uplateanyway post, it was there too quick so it got deleted. Good thing I got a screen shot of it for my wallpaper.)

Seems to work with linux. In for one.

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Okidata-B4600

Wasn’t the printer in the movie Office Space an Okidata?

ink is about 50 dollars and i think it can do about 2500 or more
i forget
it depends on what yield and model

Okidata’s website says: “All models ship with 3000-page cartridge.”

Im in for 3 my son will love these thank you woot just what I stayed up for midnight for that was so worth all the stimulants

I had an older model to this one and it was a real trooper. I used it in a business environment that was less than clean and never had an issue. Paper jams were very rare and only when the paper had something spilled on it to make sheets stick together. I used refilled toner cartridges to help keep the cost down but I would not say this was an expensiive printer to run. I used about 5000 sheets a month and only changed the fuser unit once in 6 years. I would buy one again if I had a need such as printing invoices, etc.

BTW, envelopes flew through this thing with ease.

Doesn’t impress me too much. I still love the Samsung ML-2010 I got in the past for $50. This would be a great deal on any colour laser. 27ppm is only a little better than the mine for 1/3 the price, too.

HA! Got a Canon multi-function(As in flat/feed scanner and fax) B&W duplex laser printer for the same price.

Okidatas used to be very good printers back in the dot matrix days (before you myspace/youtube kiddies were even sperm). Don’t know if that translated to the laser lines as well. I know they were built extremely solid, not the cheap ass stuff HP puts out these days.

Personally I have a lot more use for a B&W laser then I ever would for an color ink. As for color lasers/phasers/etc, they still all look like complete crap compared to good color ink.

But these days, buying inkjet printers is just tantamount to bending over and asking for seconds, unless you buy kodak printers at least, they actually go out of their way to make their inks extremely cheap, in price.

A high DPI laser will kick any inkjet’s ass any day of the week when it comes to clarity and precision.

This is a good deal toner cost about $65 and you get 7k print outs and toner does not dry up like ink jets

Toner comes in two yields High and Standard. $48.99 for standard (3,000 pages) and $94.99 for high yield (7,000 pages)

Don’t forget other consumables like the drum $198.99 (25,000 pages)

I used to sell these things they are great printers but the consumables kill you. You could print to a copier or mfp for less. In fact some HP’s in the same price range are cheaper cost per a page. However, HP’s are terrible in maintenance and OKI is pretty solid. I am just surprised this is a woot! since it’s old technology.

Good Luck Wooters!

Good luck finding reviews on this one. If i find any good ones, I’ll add it to this post. But I think this may be a tough one. Anyone able to find any useful info from real people on this printer?

That’s a lot 'o money for a black and white printer, yo.

My used one that my mom managed to pick up at Office Max (it was the display model) for 30 bucks is still the best printer I’ve ever used. This thing is amazing… way better than those expensive things.

The cheapest I can find the optional printer server add-on is 173.69

http://www.google.com/products?q=Okilan+8150e&btnG=Search+Products&show=dd&scoring=p

LOL!!!

TPS Reports.

Yeah, that was my summer job.
Word.

Other then the PPM, this printer is crap. But not the good kind of craps I was hoping for.

bag o’ craps plz