Oktoberfest Part Eins

I received my cheese and the Emmenthaler and Bavarian Blue were replaced with King’s Cheese and German Tilsit. Not a real happy camper here.

same here. i think that this will officially be my last anything.woot.com order. too many negative experiences of late with my orders.

Sorry for the incorrect orders. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

My blue and Emmentaler were replaced with the Bavarian Rougette Red and the Tilsit.
But it did say on the bottom of the thingy I am pretty sure that they will substitute if they are out of certain kind of cheese.

For me personally, I have no issues with the replacements.
I am a bavarian living in texas and I was giddy opening the package.
But of course, if you wanted a specific one and didn’t get it, I can understand not being happy.

I am just so looking forward trying the cheeses. Its been so so long I had some german cheese. I also checked the igourmet site and there are even more cheese for me to get in the future. Looks like they are out of stock of about everything right now.

eta: I looked at the product description here on woot and I dont’ see where it says substitute, so I must have seen that on their website where they have the same item. That should have been put on the bottom here too then.
I would have loved to get the Emmentaler too, but they seem to be out. So I’ll get that in the future.

My Paladin Bavarian Blue was replaced with Cambozola, but I’m ok with that. I’d have liked to have the Paladin since that’s what was supposed to be included but the Cambozola actually costs $2 more per 8oz and it is still a blue cheese.

The shipping was good for this cheese too. It was packed in a small styrofoam cooler with two ice packs. It sat on my doorstep for a good 3 or 4 hours and there was still solid ice in the ice packs and the cheese was still good and cold.