Olympus 12MP Digital Camera

Could be a nice toy for a 12-year old, but wouldn’t use myself for a few reasons:

1 - have to buy a new set of batteries.
2 - uses microsd in a camera that’s not ultra-compact; is just nonsense.
3 - The color is ugly
4 - Has 19mbs of internal storage but can do cropping in editing mode? I want to cry.

Here’s the user manual

User Manual

Here are some review links at ZDnet. They’re not all as negative as cnet’s.

…and some customer reviews at wize

Ah fudge! I was really looking to get some underwater shots in my electric wheelchair. :slight_smile:

(yes I’m really a quadriplegic, so it’s ok for me to add off color humor)

This is an actual review comment. Had me in splits:

What’s worse in a sub-$130 camera: slow performance or mediocre photo quality? With the Olympus FE-3010 you don’t have to decide because you get both

A Steve’s Digi-cam discussion suggests that xD is not very fast.
And Wikipedia says,“As of 2010, the xD format has been rendered obsolete. Previously, it competed primarily with Secure Digital card (SD), CompactFlash (CF) and Sony’s Memory Stick.”
Should be plenty of bargains on xD cards coming up soon. But check out the section in the Wikipedia article on types. H and M+ are the way to go.
Cheers,
Priscilla

Boy, for me to buy a camera in 2010
that wouldn’t take an SD card, it would
have to be an exceptional camera, or
an exceptional deal. This doesn’t appear
to be either.
Not a BAD camera, but there’s too many
similar options out their that don’t rely
on yesterday’s memory cards.

Yeah, and that’s a cnet reviewer…pretty reputable
(as opposed to just some crank in his mom’s basement)

Buzzillions gives it a 4.1

http://www.buzzillions.com/x/s?N=4294811422&D=x&cat=&extra=all-product&Ntt=+Olympus+FE-3010+

Why do the people always have to be in the basement? Why not the attic?

Yes… It’s ugly orange, but you’ll never have to worry about someone mistaking your great camera for their crappy silver camera.

It’s like luggage. Everyone has a black bag- it’s good to be the guy with the one that stands out.

Be different! Go orange!

This camera once hit on me at a party and made me feel very uncomfortable. I can’t in good consciousness buy it.

These guys have a ton of accessories.

At first I wanted to make fun of this camera, but then I saw 12 MP and I was like O.o why so large… and exactly how large is that?

Well according to a trusted (by me at least) forum here

Professional photographers have nabbed pictures up to 64"-47" without compromising quality from an 8 MP camera, so this 12 should be no problem, even if it isn’t a professional style Canon camera I’m sure prints in the 30"-20" style and below will have excellent quality (depending on the settings you choose to leave it on). Nice job, sometimes bigger isn’t always better, but when you can afford it, why not buy the biggest?

Oh and yeah they may be talking about wedding photo’s, but I wouldn’t recommend snapping pictures with this at a wedding… well unless the bride is getting married in an orange grove :-/

Prove it. Grab a camera and a Sharpie and write WOOT next to a pressure sore. (yes I’m really a Sharpie owner, so it’s OK to for me to say that)

What abut using this as a cheap, relatively High res video camera…? It’s half the cost of a Flip…

Because, while they may be pathetic losers, they are not stupid…and it’s much too hot in the attic! Their Army Men would melt.

“What’s worse in a sub-$130 camera: slow performance or mediocre photo quality? With the Olympus FE-3010 you don’t have to decide because you get both.”

lol

EDIT: didn’t see previous post; but worth repeating :slight_smile:

Lots of reviews that agree with most comments on here that this camera is sub-par on quality and resolution and this and that and blah blah blah (its a cheap camera).

And yes it is cheap (not inexpensive) because according to reviewers “fe” stands for: Frequently Exchanged

Night, didn’t anyone tell you that once you hit 457 quality posts your account gets banned from all woot.com sites… This is my 3rd account because it keeps happening to me, you better slow down or your new screen name could be speedy-BANzales!