OMG! We have a new volunteer moderator!!!

These would probably kill me but what a way to die.

1 Like

I guarantee you: that death would be 100% worth it.

1 Like

2 Likes

https://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/118361/celebrate-hanukkah

VOTE FOR THIS BECAUSE IT’S BLUE! And I’m tired of that green cat winning everything. Variety people!

*not sponsored

3 Likes

2 Likes

I copied the recipe and Oogie is going to try this out. She’s thinking pecans instead of walnuts though. Maybe it’ll be a regular item at the bakery.
Not sure when, Holidays can be very busy and since the move and newspaper article she’s been 3 times as busy.

1 Like

Ooh, pecans could be really good! (I’ve only tried the recipe as written; you’ll have to let me know how it turns out!) :drooling_face:

One trick that I use that isn’t written in the recipe is to (after chilling) roll your dough out into ~2 inch diameter logs, wrap the logs in Saran Wrap, then put them back in the fridge for another 30 minutes or so. This makes them more of a slice and bake” cookie, which is helpful since the dough can be a bit sticky on its own!

Yeah. Saw that in the recipe you linked.
May be a while before she gets to it. Orders for pies, cookies, and pumpkin rolls are rolling in.

1 Like

She uses way more pecans than walnuts in her recipes.

1 Like

3 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Wait… you can VOLUNTEER to do this stuff?

Which implies… someone somewhere gets PAID to do this stuff?

I am learning so very, very much…

Congrats @peaceetc though for realz. I think. Or maybe condolences…

1 Like

Thank you for both your well wishes and your condolences.

I’ve been told TT actually gets paid to moderate this place, but she still deserves a raise. The poor woman needs a second shoe.

3 Likes

Yeah see, you give them that second shoe and then what… they want a sock? Then a second one? WHERE DOES THE MADNESS END! (Seriously though most working class people deserve raises when they work hard. Don’t get me started.)

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

I really do not like walnuts, they have a bitterness and a strange mouthfeel. I always switch to pecans! Good choice imo!!

2 Likes