Omnifi DMP1 20GB Car Media Jukebox

Wish I had the mulah for this!

So, it is like a big deal to post on the 1st page or something?

hey mac daddy1 we are looking for you on IRC…

I might be interested in that home streamer / l1loban@yahoo.com

bah… would go for it but no need, plus the $200 for the home packet with this was a better deal IMO

happy w00ting, night

delete

The hardware on this thing seems to be outstanding, but it makes little mention as to how well the interface is.

That’s the biggest thing keeping me from purchasing this… I can use my iPod in the car with a little mounting work, and the interface is what makes the iPod king.

All this mentions about an interface is “Saves your 20 favorite songs in a playlist.” Nothing about other playlists, navigation of songs/folders/etc, random mode, etc.

oh and BTW, mack daddy can you add me to your whiner list, kthxbye

Mmmmmm… wake me up when you’ve got a nice chuncky BOC or more nice electronicky goodness for me… the Rockford-ness is getting a bit soporific. :wink:

bigger prouct, better deal. If u got the cash u should go for it. In my case i cant :frowning:

[quote user=“Natey1”]Decent Deal? Seen cheaper on ebay…[/quote]where? how many? what was the shipping?

I grabbed this in the bundle package last time it was up. I finally got it installed last week, and it’s as good as I had hoped. The dash controls really work well, the large display and positive click rotary dial make it easy to browse through music on the road. It’s not perfect, for some reason it only resumes on restart half the time, and one time it just refused to play anything until I reset it. But certainly worth every dime.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with this stupid home box. Who the hell has their stereo system seperate from one of their computers?

~edit for Calvin~
“All this mentions about an interface is “Saves your 20 favorite songs in a playlist.” Nothing about other playlists, navigation of songs/folders/etc, random mode, etc.”

Well, when you load the music onto the drive it reads the tags for album, artist, and genre. Furthermore you can define custom playlists. Then in the car you can navigate by artist, or album, or artist then album, or genre, or through playlists. You can store favorites, and preset playlists/albums/etc that are available through a preset button.

For anyone who buys this, the omnifi yahoo group is a great resource for a lot of help on this. http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/omnifi/

anyone that is a woot regular notice that there is a ton of adds showing up in the forum all of a sudden…esp the worst after the article, it was like, spammers of the world saw the article and was like, “YAY another place to be annoying!!” or is it just me that is annoyed? i just remember last summer, when this all started, and there was no adds, that was fun

OMG the car unit rocks!!!
A few things to get used to after you install it but I just did a 4 hour trip today and listened to Miles Davis and the Doors on the ride up to Dallas…
If you are unsure… get this!!!
It Rocks!!!
20 gig is more than enough disk space for normal listening pleasure.

I figure you can’t go wrong when people are bidding substantially more on fleaBay. One of our vehicles doesn’t have a head unit right now, so I figure between this and an amp which I already have, I’m set. :slight_smile:

[quote user=“ifyalky”]oh and BTW, mack daddy can you add me to your whiner list, kthxbye[/quote]sorry, you haven’t met the minimum whiner entry requirements. Perhaps you could try again later.

You read the WSJ but can’t afford a car? Hey… Do you have any stock tips?

Joe

LMOA, ill work on that

Bought dms1. Is the car juke box worth the money ? How hard is it to install.?
I would like to put it in a newer car. Has anybody had this installed by a second party?
Or is it fairly easy for a not very savy person to install?
Thanks in advance for the input.

Yep, I noticed … first page looks like SpamCentral.
:roll:

I agree. I’ve only bought a few items from woot, but it used to be that you could browse woot almost any time and find something. Now they are almost always sold out by morning. Great for woot, but bad for anyone who wants to get to bed before midnight. :confused: