OmniMount 3 Shelf Audio Tower Stand

Looks solid, but 3 shelves within 2.5’ of height seems cramped. It does look nice though, I have to admit.

Well then by all means buy one, or two, or three. One good thing about it… it’s just extruded metal and glass so it’s not going to be DOA, which is what happened too frequently to me in the past with woot items.

What I’ve learned (painfully) about “woot deals”: they are only deals if it’s something you need or will at least use a lot.

That’s what she said.

You’re changing the subject from what you said, which was to insult woot’s pricing.

On that topic, the competitor’s pricing is relevant, not what you replied.

No, I was only responding to the woot staff person, who brought up competitor pricing. Competitor pricing is not relevant to me because I happen to think the item is overpriced at $85. If you think that’s “insulting” woot’s pricing, that’s your opinion, I guess.

considering this as a side desk for my recording studio.

I want to put a drum pad controller on top. think it would hold up to me bashing on it?

778 Quality posts And he tells him to play fair. lol

Well, duuuuuuuuuh.

will you deliver out side the US?
if yes, is there any extra fees?

I have the single shelf by Omni. I just stack my DVD player ,receiver, Tivo, etc. on top of one another in the TV room. This way I am not limited by shelf height. These work great when you mount a flat screen TV against the wall and need a place to mount said items.
These can be painted to match the color of the wall (not the glass) and they are less noticeable. I offer this as an option.

http://www.amazon.com/OmniMount-ECSB-Component-Shelf-Accessories/dp/B000EGI7V4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1282552674&sr=8-1

If this was the all black one, I’d be getting it, that would match my TV. But Grey? That wouldn’t look good at all in my living room. Even at such a good price I’m going to have to pass and wait for a black one.

I agree. Looks like a nice stand and the Woot price is a nice price, but

Dimensions: 20.5” x 27.8” x 21.5” (W x H x D)

Is not my idea of a “tower” audio stand. I am in need of a new audio tower, but it needs be a lot taller than this to hold what is on the old stand.

I know that this is meant for audio equipment, but considering that the specs claim that the shelves can hold up to 50 lbs each, would it be unwise to use this as a temporary TV stand?

How ‘modular’ is this? If I purchased two units, could I construct one unit with 5 shelves? or 6 shelves, if the top two units did not utilize the cable management? I cant seem to tell after reading the installation manaul. Any thoughts on this?

The manual notes the top shelf can be used for an lcd tv, for whatever that info is worth…

This tower is in fact not “short” at all. When mounting a flatscreen on the wall, it’s preferable for the tv to be at a comfortable viewing height. That being said, many people would mount their flatscreens to straight eye level when they’re sitting on a sofa.So the bottom of the tv would be approx 3’ off the bottom. And how tall is this tower? 2 1/2 feet…to fit just underneath your flatscreen…

From everything I can tell about it, it’s 100% NOT modular. From what I understand, there’s no way to build onto one with another. Sorry.

Well, I only had 774 at the time.

Seriously, it’s unfair to modify your post and steal someone else’s link (and I had even relinquished the Product Website link first). That has nothing to do with one’s bunions.

It goes against the Gentlemen’s Code of the game known as “Call of Bacon: Modern Wootfare.”

The shelves are 20.5" wide, so I’m ass-uming that you’re talking about a small TV, which would weigh considerably less than 50 lbs - so why not? Of course, a TV that’s much wider than the shelf would look ridiculous, and be unstable on this shelf. Here’s a photo.

OmniMount does make a model with a VESA-mount: for larger TV’s

I bought this about 4 years ago for double the price, so to me this is a great buy. I really like it.