Omnimount Single Arm Desktop Monitor Mount

How many monitors could I put on a desk with this thing?

Get a dual arm one, that is better than a single arm.

I already have the dual arm, but I am getting this to use for a laptop stand so my secondary laptop used for monitoring isn’t going to take up desk space on me anymore.

it will atually still most likely work as long as the screw line up and it isn’t a super heavy monitor.

I bought a TV mount rated for up to a 36" lcd tv and it has held my 42" for the past 5 years with no problems.

:holdsarmswayupintheair:

Well, you could always mount it somewhere that isn’t over the desk and compute in style.

One

Can this be mounted (safely) upside down as in clamped hanging from a higher shelf instead of attached to the desk surface?

There’s your hint…Don’t get it

Most monitors I’ve owned in many years of computing don’t go up high enough to be at eye level. Even my 27" Apple Cinema display is lower than I would like it. The vertical range of adjustment (if the monitor even has that) is usually minimal.

“Grade 5 Hardware”

you “can” but it would come down to the size of the monitor, the type of clamp used by the mount and the quality of your desk.

A good quality glass desk; a mount with a wide surface area on the clamp and you should have no problem. The bigger (heavier) your monitor the more important the above factors are.

Use this advice at your own risk :slight_smile:

That was what I was planning to do, here is to hoping that it works!

Not sure what you are talking about, unless you are really short or sitting at an oddly high desk, arms like this will keep the monitor at actual eye level, which is normally 7-8 inches above the top of your desk.

You would be amazed at how much more room this gives you to work and keep things organized.

I find it to be an invaluable tool to have, especially a dual mount if you use 2 monitors.

It also makes it real easy to swing them around if you want to show someone something on your monitor.

It shouldn’t be a problem as long as the shelf can fully support the weight of the monitor and the stand and there is room behind the shelf for the clamp.

Would prefer WS3 model instead. WS3 give larger range of motion. If I have clients sitting across from me the WS3 allows me to move the monitor over so they can see it as well when doing quotes or showing proposals.
WS2 is good if you intend it on being stationary for the most part.

I should think I wouldn’t want a wall mounted monitor - where else would I put my non existent cat?

yeah, but the quality of this omnimount one is superior.

I had the clamp/nice element of a mount crack one time; I’ll never buy cheap again.

This is ~$70 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Omnimount-WS2-Workspace-Desktop-Mount/dp/B000P5SSEA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1305055524&sr=8-3

~$45 here.

I must say, that out of all the items I have seen on todays Woot-Off, this certainly is one of them!

Epic win!

This vast array of high quantity trinkets leads me to say I feel a lot more like I do now than when I first got here.

Bring on the Roombas - in for 2!