Omron Step Pedometer – 2 Pack

12 Bucks at Amazon for just one, this seems like a good deal. http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HJ-002PB-Healthcare-Pedometer/dp/B000L7OHII/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1268715875&sr=1-1

does the display light up>?

Pedometers are great… and really help with weight loss.

Here is a great article describing such…

Since this woot! is 2.99 for two… they may want to change the cost range… 1.49 and 1.50 each here. :slight_smile:

PS: Any article that brings back memories of Inspector Gadget is ultra reliable in my book… :wink:

I’m guessing that you take steps in the two to three foot range, that would make it 12 to 18 miles.

jn082105: the Amish get in about 10-15K steps a day (researchers did a study on their physical activity). 30K is possible, but it’d have to be deliberate.

point well taken

For those of you non-nerds curious as to the significance of 31,337:

The number 1337 came from old gaming circles as a substitute for “elite.” 31337 is basically the same thing.

It’s an inside nerd joke on non-nerd-only sites (like woot, which used to be niche for just the geeks)

That would be just a little more than 3 days of suggested walking steps. experts recommend 10,000 steps a day

Thanks for Info. No fun getting something that aint gonna work.

when it comes to monitoring physical activity/calories burned, you get what you pay for. Sure these are cheap, but you’d get much better information from a heart rate monitor.

I don’t know if I need two of them, but I’ll take it in stride.

You are correct. I have updated the sale to reflect that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Well, you could use one of these to practice the Bobblehead challenge from Minute to Win It.

You guys made me curious, so I went and checked my records (yes I keep daily walking records for the past ten years). I have averaged 12,530 steps per day with a maximum day of 40,795 (approximately 20 miles).

10000 steps averages to about 5 miles

Pedometers measure your step based on the sample you give it. With jogging, you do vary your stride and speed. It might be harder for your pedometer to accurately gauge your steps taken.

There is a belt clip, according to the description. From my experience, pedometers don’t work well when held. The waistline is really the optimal place.

That would be just a little more than 3 days of suggested walking steps. experts recommend 10,000 steps a day

I don’t know how I ever lived without one of these. In for 6.

/not really

sure you do! just put one on the left, and one on the right to double your steps!