On-ear headphones or earbuds?

I use open ear/ bone conduction earphones.

Bone conduction!

To really listen to music I prefer headphones. Casual listening, language apps, portability, itā€™s earbuds.

Head phones with a boom mic best so I can hear others and they can hear me. But kinda makes me look dorky in meetings.

Woot Skull Candy wired earbuds surprisingly decent treble. But microphone pick very positional (aka must manually position).

Bluetooth SARS rating stuck in ear are non-trivial and no one seems to pay attention to the fact that many are within inches of brain and higher SARS than their phone.

Discontinued MinJambox surprisingly has very good noise rejection and works well to pick up voice and loud enough. It was poor for music but have rediscovered it as a conference device. Using it far more often now.

Aftershokz , like to hear if someone comes near.

1 Like

Now you can be like Lt. Uhuru with a working ear dongle device !

You will be famous at work and people will speak of you.

Nice try, but thatā€™s the Grateful Dead and not Pink Floyd.

Over the ear headphones > On ear headphones > Ear buds > ā€œFlatā€ Eat buds
(never heard the term Flat ear buds before today)

Stream directly to my hearing aids. LMAO I am old

2 Likes

Over ear headphonesā€¦ Earbuds if Iā€™m mowing.

Bone conduction headphones. Love them!

Over the ear! Ear buds are too easy to lose!

1 Like

Frankly I am just grateful I can hear decipherable sounds through the tinnitus. Be careful with your electronic ear boosters or you may spend your golden years (oxymororn) ending conversations with ā€œeh!??ā€

2 Likes

The airpod pros I ā€œwonā€ during a Posg Mongering event donā€™t stick in my ears all that well, and the Skull Candy Indy set fall out if I smile too big.
(NEW) Skullcandy Indy True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds (NEW) Skullcandy Indy True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds
Iā€™ll stick with my big fat Sony XB900 that bring the BASS!

Iā€™m the other way around.

I know. My brother worked on that wall!
But - The Wall > Pink Floyd > Comfortably Numb!
And I couldnā€™t think of any appropriately ironic Dead songs to quote at the time.

Edit: updated original post with more appropriate Grateful Dead lyrics!

The voices in my head keep me entertained. Sometimes I try to sing along if it isnā€™t gibberish

1 Like

EXACTLY! One giant economy sized modern

step up from the ear horn.

Airpod pro beta version (needed more work) or novel treatment for migraine

Tester went mildly insane hearing 300 crickets up to 3 miles away.