One Culture Noodle Cups- 24 Pack

One Culture Noodle Cups- 24 Pack

Holy sodium Batman!

2 Likes

Heh. That’s not even that bad… I’ve seen ramen packets with 3900% (Not a typo)…

This better be some Naruto-class ramen to be worth three bucks a pot, though…

1 Like

Three bucks a pot? You men 3 bucks a bowl. These apparently make about 2 cups.

1 Like

Just remember that the % of daily recommended is base off of the nutritional needs of a post-menopausal woman (not joking). If you’re a man, and reasonably fit then take the sodium % suggestion with a grain of salt :wink:

Does the typo only show up on the app?

$29.95 for 8 cups + $4.95 shipping from their website. each cup is 1 serving of 59 gm - 103 gm depending on the flavor.

typo ?

“Cultue”

Anyway, I think I’ll keep buying the 10 for $10 noodles microwave bowls from my local store.

1 Like

$3, a full gram+ of sodium and no MSG so your brain is going to say it’s ‘missing something’.
I’ll stick with my “fancy” Nissin/Samyang/Nongshim at $1.50, thanks.

Not just the app. It’s in the URL, too (one-cultue-noodle-…)

1 Like

“Cultue”

Anytime you see “yeast extract” or “hydrolyzed yeast extract,” think of it as “natural” MSG. It provides a lot of glutamic acid, which is essentially the G in MSG. It’s not really better or worse than the synthetic stuff, just a way for them to put “NO MSG” on the package, because people still believe it makes them sick.

I would think that those consumers who want vegan noodles probably aren’t interested in bone broth, and vice versa.

My migraines seem to know if I’ve crossed the MSG threshold, even if I don’t know. I’d much rather be one of the ones who simply thinks it’s makes them sick than to be one of the ones who tends to find out after they got sick.

I know I can tolerate a very small amount of MSG, especially if I can dilute it. However, I seem to be able to tolerate more of the new, less synthetic stuff much better. So at least there’s that. I’d prefer not to have to avoid it.

“Three more flavors than the other guys”? What a LIE!!! My son (17) is a “other guy” aficionado and I can tell you they have a TON of flavor options if that’s one of their selling points of why they are worth that much more!

Ok, so I did know the part about hydrolyzed proteins and yeast, but what did just surprise me is that my favorite Nongshim is all hydrolyzed corn, soy, and wheat protiens along with yeast extracts, no MSG on the list at all! I am truly surprised, and thanking you for giving the curiosity the look at the ingredients list again. Have a great week!

1 Like

We do that periodically just to see who is paying attention. YOU WIN [nothing]!

good eye. thanks.